2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve said it before and will continue to… Edwards was very miscast last year.  We did not give him routes that he excels at.  His ultimate success on this team will depend on how the coaches use him.

I think his best football is ahead of him. he flashed and sometimes it takes a guy a little while to get going (especially wideouts). People forget he could have been a rookie this year because he came out so young. I personally think Koonce, Edwards, Moreau, Hobbs, Leatherwood, James, Gillespie could be a lot better with new coaching and another year in the books.

Edited by Humble_Beast

my short list of guys I would want want with our first 

Will for sure be gone, but interested to see if any of these guys slip our of the top 10:  Neal T, EKWONU T, Karlaftis DE, Stingley CB, Hamilton S

my likely and real targets: Jameson Williams WR, Treylon Burks WR, Jahan Dotson WR, Drake London WR,Charles Cross T, Kenyon Green G, David Ojabo Edge, Travon Walker Edge, Jordan Davis DT, Demarvin Leal DT, Devin Lloyd LB, NaKobe Dean LB, Andrew Booth CB, Sauce Gardner CB, Roger McCreary CB

I'm interested to see how these guys test, senior bowl, workouts etc

a quick 7 round mock draft (assuming we sign a vet WR1, RT)

1.  Dermarvin Leal- adds a potential long term stud in the interior of the defensive line to compliment the edge rush. could get eased in after resigning Jefferson on a two year deal. 

2. Metchie -  add a deep threat to the offense. "Ruggs replacement" 

3. Sean Rhyan- another OL from UCLA. 3 year starter and declared as a true junior. I would convert him to RG and we could be looking a stud after a redshirt year for the position change. I like the stable of Miller, Leatherwood, James, Rhyan. I would also consider RT here but I like the Rhyan value. 

4. Tyler Vrabel RT- we try develop him over the next year or two. we need to sign a vet in the meantime. 

5. Issac Taylor Stuart CB- 6'2 runs a 4.2-4.3 out of high school. declared early. I think he has been lost in the mess of the USC program. More of a gamble but that is what day 3 in about, I get Nate Hobbs vibes

5. Bubba Bolden SS- could be a sneaky starter at SS. could atleast improve the depth of the unit 

6. Joshua Corbin RB- alot of talented day 3 backs. Drake is coming off a major injury and likely be let go after 2022. If we hire McDaniels, they always use alot of backs. 

7.  Avery Roberts LB - depth LB and special teamer. really good in college 

Edited by Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s hard not to question if Dean will “BE AS EFFECTIVE” (not be effective) when he isn’t behind such a good DL and entire defense.

fast twitch, instincts, plays with FIRE. I would lean on WR, CB,DT before getting a MLB. I think Perryman was one hell of pickup and see him being around for a few more years. 

26 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Nothing about Mechie gets me excited. I feel like if he played somewhere else, he'd be a late 2/day 3 guy. I just don't see anything special. 

same 4-5 guys id take at WR over him or.. take guy later who is more of risk/reward

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

fast twitch, instincts, plays with FIRE. I would lean on WR, CB,DT before getting a MLB. I think Perryman was one hell of pickup and see him being around for a few more years. 

All those things are true about Dean.  He’s a great prospect, but it does help his cause that he’s protected SO MUCH by the DLine. When he gets to a NFL team will be able to shed blocks and fight Thru traffic abs play at the same level?

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was looking for a speedster in the 2nd. I'm starting to like that kid from South Alabama alot, and that kid from Cincy

funny i watched tape on South Alabama kid today. looks a little stiff though. but he's 6'2 i believe

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my short list of guys I would want want with our first 

Will for sure be gone, but interested to see if any of these guys slip our of the top 10:  Neal T, EKWONU T, Karlaftis DE, Stingley CB, Hamilton S

my likely and real targets: Jameson Williams WR, Treylon Burks WR, Jahan Dotson WR, Drake London WR,Charles Cross T, Kenyon Green G, David Ojabo Edge, Travon Walker Edge, Jordan Davis DT, Demarvin Leal DT, Devin Lloyd LB, NaKobe Dean LB, Andrew Booth CB, Sauce Gardner CB, Roger McCreary CB

I'm interested to see how these guys test, senior bowl, workouts etc

IF Stingley falls in the draft….

at what point should we trade up for him?

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

All those things are true about Dean.  He’s a great prospect, but it does help his cause that he’s protected SO MUCH by the DLine. When he gets to a NFL team will be able to shed blocks and fight Thru traffic abs play at the same level?

didn't they say same bout Parsons? how will it translate 

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

something to think about. Of course the game is easier when you are playing on a stacked teams in college. Can't pull another Ferrell and ignore this basic factor. Teams have to gameplay different against stacked teams

Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

IF Stingley falls in the draft….

at what point should we trade up for him?

honestly don't want to trade up at all. infact id be willing to trade down a little or to top of 2nd if couple wrs fall and u can pick up another 2 and future 2 from phins or jets or someone

• Like 1