2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Kyle Shanahan, baby. That family will make any good WR or RB look elite with their scheme. Always have. 

Don’t get me wrong, Deebo is VERY good. But if you think he’s on par with those other guys, lol.

Deebo slander will not be tolerated around here.

friday-deebo.gif

Who are some of the prospects that you guys love? 

My list as of now:

• Jameson Williams | WR | Alabama

• Jahan Dotson | WR | Penn State

• John Metchie | WR | Alabama

• Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

• Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa

• Sauce Gardner | CB | Cincinnati 

• Tariq Woolen | CB | UTSA

• Travis Jones | DT | UConn

• Troy Anderson | LB | Montana State 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My list as of now:

Trent McDuffie CB Washington 
Kaiir Elam CB Florida 
Arnold Ebiketie EDGE Penn State 
Trevor Penning RT Northern Iowa 
Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia 
James Cook RB Georgia 
Logan Hall DT/DE Houston 

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

He is by far and away the player Most I want us to draft in the first round (excluding players who clearly aren’t going to be available when we ultimately pick, whether that is #22 or we trade up.

If we get a deep threat via FA, I'm all on the Wilson train. His route running and hands are absolutely top notch and he's a good kid. Just don't expect him to blow people away w/ his speed. He won't be there at 22 anyway. Not a chance in hell.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My list as of now:

Williams

Dotson

Elam

Gardener

Davis

London

Booth

Cook

Bryant

Walker

As of now

Edited by Jeremy408

I can see Logan Hall from Houston being a 1st rd pick. Has the size, motor, and athletic ability. He's likely a 2nd rounder right now, but if he tests well at the combine he can easily jump into the 1st.

We can do alot worst then grabbing him at 22. Depending on the new DC, Yannick may not be around much longer, Hall would make an ideal tandem with Crosby.

And if Yannick does stay longer, a rotation of Maxx, Yannick, Hall,and Koonce would be amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

I can see Logan Hall from Houston being a 1st rd pick. Has the size, motor, and athletic ability. He's likely a 2nd rounder right now, but if he tests well at the combine he can easily jump into the 1st.

We can do alot worst then grabbing him at 22. Depending on the new DC, Yannick may not be around much longer, Hall would make an ideal tandem with Crosby.

And if Yannick does stay longer, a rotation of Maxx, Yannick, Hall,and Koonce would be amazing.

Considering the teams' needs--evan after FA--don't think edge is in the cards in round 1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

He can slide inside on passing downs as well 

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

No it's not.

The problem we have had is that we have obvious holes at positions going into the draft.  We need to have capable players at all positions before the draft.  That way you will not be forced into a predictable decisions.  In theory you always want to get BPA but without a solid foundation you can not.  How far in advance did we know we where going to draft  someone to play RT and S.  We have been to predictable and hopefully that changes this year.

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The problem we have had is that we have obvious holes at positions going into the draft.  We need to have capable players at all positions before the draft.  That way you will not be forced into a predictable decisions.  In theory you always want to get BPA but without a solid foundation you can not.  How far in advance did we know we where going to draft  someone to play RT and S.  We have been to predictable and hopefully that changes this year.

I think bona fide BPA goes out the window by the mid first round. Meaning, there is no definitive list of players that all teams adhere to. There are ranges that certain players can go. Ideally, you 'd want to pick a player within that range. Ferrell, Arnette, and Leatherwood should not have gone in the range they went. There were other players at their position that were better. I doubt fans would be so upset if the Raiders picked Allen, Diggs, and Darrisaw instead.

Edited by Rich7sena

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think bona fide BPA goes out the window by the mid first round. Meaning, there is no definitive list of players that all teams adhere to. There are ranges that certain players can go. Ideally, you 'd want to pick a player within that range. Ferrell, Arnette, and Leatherwood should not have gone in the range they went. There were other players at their position that were better. I doubt fans would be so upset if the Raiders picked Allen, Diggs, and Darrisaw instead.

They admitted that Ferrell should have gone later and I do not know what happened with Arnette and Leatherwood.  I liked Arnette but saw him as a 2nd rounder.  I did not want Ruggs at 12 either.  I have not liked any of our 1st round picks since 2015.  Even that year Cooper was my backup choice if we stayed at 4.  I wanted Williams and then trade back if he was not there.

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If we get a deep threat via FA, I'm all on the Wilson train. His route running and hands are absolutely top notch and he's a good kid. Just don't expect him to blow people away w/ his speed. He won't be there at 22 anyway. Not a chance in hell.

I don’t EXPECT him to be there at 22.  But this WR class has no clear cut rankings at the top so it’s possible based on teams preference that he is available, just like He could be WR1 and go inside the top 10.  We’ll just have to see.

• Like 1