2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How many OT's in the league are Trent Brown, Orlando Brown, or Daniel Faalele's size? They're all outliers, they're literal giants. He has only been playing football for 5 years so I think his room for improvement is bigger than most guys coming into the league. If he's there at #86 I would personally run to the podium to make the pick.

He can improve and I would expect him to.  What he is going to struggle with is speed.  TB moves like a much smaller man and is a freak athlete for his size. OB has good technique and aggression.  He was an outland finalist and 1st team All American.  He fell in the draft because of his combine.  Faalele is just not on their level.  

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

100%. 

I think Pierce has the potential to be what Green Bay hoped MVS would be across from Adams- big, faster than expected, good hands, down field threat. 

I wouldn't mind Austin either, but I think if Pierce is there, you have to grab him and never look back. 

Yeah I've started to really like Alec Pierce the more that I've watched him, I think he's going to be a good get for someone in round 2/3. 

Calvin Austin's size is definitely a knock but man he's so explosive and I love the way he gets in and out of his breaks. He could be the missing piece that we need as a guy that can take the top off of the defense. 

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Pretty much. 

I have an inkling that Bolden might get some extra plays on passing downs too. He was pretty dang good at it last year, 41/49 for 405 and 2 TDs. 

My guess is he probably only has around 30-40 actual run plays dialled up over the season. 

How they split their carries between Harris/Stevenson/Bolden is how I expect we'll split the carries between our trio of backs. 

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He can improve and I would expect him to.  What he is going to struggle with is speed.  TB moves like a much smaller man and is a freak athlete for his size. OB has good technique and aggression.  He was an outland finalist and 1st team All American.  He fell in the draft because of his combine.  Faalele is just not on their level.  

Faalele's numbers aren't much different than either guys and he actually had a better vertical and broad jump than either guy despite being almost 40 pounds heavier. Trent Brown was a 7th round pick and wasn't expected to be good in the NFL. 

I think his inexperience is his biggest weakness but that he's someone you can coach up. You just simply cannot teach his size or his movement skills for someone so massive. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agree. If we can get isaiah spiller, breece hall, etc. I'd be down as much as I like Josh. I also really like Kyren Williams and IMO his 4.65 will push him down to the 4th/5th, which is a steal for him.

I love Breece Hall just don't think he'll be there when we're picking. It'll be interesting to see if we pick up his 5th year option or not. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Faalele's numbers aren't much different than either guys and he actually had a better vertical and broad jump than either guy despite being almost 40 pounds heavier. Trent Brown was a 7th round pick and wasn't expected to be good in the NFL. 

I think his inexperience is his biggest weakness but that he's someone you can coach up. You just simply cannot teach his size or his movement skills for someone so massive. 

Have you seen TB do drills.  Yes he is massive but has amazing foot speed.   I am not saying Faalele is a bad prospect but the other two just have skills that he lacks.  He is a high ceiling low floor player which TB and OB both were.  BUt there are a ton of giant OTs that have failed and you can not just assume Faalele will be on the same level.  Also TB run under that 5.4 40 number I talked about.  I am sure if OB would have had a good showing at the combine with his tape he would have been a mid round 1 pick.  He could have sat out the combine and pro day and still would have gone late 1st/early 2nd.  His game tape was that good.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Have you seen TB do drills.  Yes he is massive but has amazing foot speed.   I am not saying Faalele is a bad prospect but the other two just have skills that he lacks.  He is a high ceiling low floor player which TB and OB both were.  BUt there are a ton of giant OTs that have failed and you can not just assume Faalele will be on the same level.  Also TB run under that 5.4 40 number I talked about.  I am sure if OB would have had a good showing at the combine with his tape he would have been a mid round 1 pick.  He could have sat out the combine and pro day and still would have gone late 1st/early 2nd.  His game tape was that good.

I'd prefer Abraham Lucas if we're going RT in the third but I'm still intrigued by Faalele. 

I'd expect both of their tape to be better than his, he has only been playing football for 5 years. 

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How they split their carries between Harris/Stevenson/Bolden is how I expect we'll split the carries between our trio of backs. 

This is another reason why I think we may trade Jacobs. If we go for the committee approach then we could look to use him as trade bait to move up in the draft and bring in a rookie/vet. We have Abdullah as well. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

His 5th year option is locked in at $8M which would make him the 11th highest paid RB in the league in 2023. I agree that we shouldn't extend him after that and should probably draft his replacement in 2023. But we have to make a decision on his 5th year option by May 2nd.

Abram as well right? Again he could another we look trade on draft day if we get a replacement in. Have concerns he’s not a scheme fit as Graham likes split safeties. 

20 minutes ago, Dessie said:

This is another reason why I think we may trade Jacobs. If we go for the committee approach then we could look to use him as trade bait to move up in the draft and bring in a rookie/vet. We have Abdullah as well. 

I really don't see us trading him tbh, seems to be in our plans for next season.

14 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I like Dameon Pierce, decent out of the backfield as well, no idea where he would be drafted though. 

Need to watch more Pierce, I think Pierre Strong set the combine record for fastest RB 40 time.

8 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Abram as well right? Again he could another we look trade on draft day if we get a replacement in. Have concerns he’s not a scheme fit as Graham likes split safeties. 

Yeah we have to make a decision on Ferrell/Abram/Jacobs 5th year options by May 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Need to watch more Pierce, I think Pierre Strong set the combine record for fastest RB 40 time.

Yeah no doubt Strong is quicker, Pierce was a 4.59, I like his explosion, his hands are really good so he can play on 3rd down, not sure what Strong is like as a receiver.