2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trading Jacobs this year also doesn't give us any cap relief, we'd eat his entire $3.7M salary, so you'd be making the move to avoid a hypothetical 5th year option which we could just decline to pick up anyways, lol.

https://overthecap.com/player/josh-jacobs/7815/

This suggests we would save $2.1m if we traded him.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Ferrell has almost no trade value and there's no cap savings from trading him. 

I don't see the team trading Perryman who is on a very team friendly deal and creating another hole. 

Abram I could see being traded just because he doesn't fit the scheme.

I can't see us trading Hobbs since McDaniels has spoken well about him.

Mullen is one of the most likely players to be traded if we do make a move, imo.

If a team offers a 2nd for Hunter Renfrow, would you take the bait? he's looking to get paid big in 2023. This is a loaded draft class, his stock will never be higher 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

If a team offers a 2nd for Hunter Renfrow, would you take the bait? he's looking to get paid big in 2023. This is a loaded draft class, his stock will never be higher 

I just don't understand how you guys say Carr needs help and you want him to succeed and then want us to trade Renfrow and Jacobs, lol.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

In the mock simulators I kept selecting him in the 5th and 6th rounds.  What rounds is he realistically looking at being selected?  I would like to see LW at LG before we spend a 3rd or 4th on a LG.  From what we saw last year his footwork is more natural on the left side.

I’ve seen him mocked mainly in 3rd/4th I think.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just don't understand how you guys say Carr needs help and you want him to succeed and then want us to trade Renfrow and Jacobs, lol.

Jacobs I’m fine with parting. Renfrow no way. That dude is just a straight baller.

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Us passing on Faalele would be like us passing on Orlando Brown for Brandon Parker, just a terrible decision. Dude will be one of the best RT's in the league.

Brown actually had good tape even shut down bosa in college iirc he just looked garbage at the combine. Faa is just a fatter version of leatherwood

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He can improve and I would expect him to.  What he is going to struggle with is speed.  TB moves like a much smaller man and is a freak athlete for his size. OB has good technique and aggression.  He was an outland finalist and 1st team All American.  He fell in the draft because of his combine.  Faalele is just not on their level.  

He soft too I never seen a guy that big struggle to anchor esp vs a bull rush. He reminds me of that Australian rt the eagles have. But it took that dude 2-3 years to be ready. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What is the benefit in eating $4M in dead cap to trade Jacobs? lol

Let me rephrase that, I was thinking more about not picking up his option, not trading /cutting. Run the his legs out from under him and let him walk.

Edited by 101Raider

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What is the benefit in eating $4M in dead cap to trade Jacobs? lol

I thought when a player is traded we are on the hook for the signing bonus ($1.6m) but the base salary ($2.1m) is picked up the acquiring team, hence the savings. 

14 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Let me rephrase that, I was thinking more about not picking up his option, not trading /cutting. Run the his legs out from under him and let him walk.

We have to decide on his option in a few weeks, I think they'll pick it up personally.