2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, big_palooka said:

Not accurate,  but that's fine. I didn't like Barmore at 17 overall. And Phillips I liked, but his concussion history is scary. Didn't say they suck, didn't want them at 17. 

That said, would have taken both over what they drafted at 17.

You definitely said Barmore wouldn't be good and were also totally against Phillips who already looks like one of the premier edge players in the league as a rookie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You definitely said Barmore wouldn't be good and were also totally against Phillips who already looks like one of the premier edge players in the league as a rookie.

I can attest to this. @big_palooka definitely said he would be garbage. He said the sacks were a fluke and that he doesn't have any thing in his game that translates to being successful at the NFL level. To be fair, he wasn't the only one though. 

Edited by Jeremy408

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not accurate,  but that's fine. I didn't like Barmore at 17 overall. And Phillips I liked, but his concussion history is scary. Didn't say they suck, didn't want them at 17. 

That said, would have taken both over what they drafted at 17.

The last 5 years of drafting lmao

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I can attest to this. @big_palooka definitely said he would be garbage. He said the sacks were a fluke and that he doesn't have any thing in his game that translates to being successful at the NFL level. To be fair, he wasn't the only one though. 

I dreamed and begged for Jaelan Phillips throughout the draft process. The injury concerns were definitely valid but he had top 5 pick level talent. He had elite production at Miami and was in the 90th percentile in basically every testing category at the combine.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of people did, and I never really understood why. 

Idk if he'll ever live up to the hype of his biggest fans, but nothing about him stood out as being anything less than a very solid starter. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

A lot of people did, and I never really understood why. 

Idk if he'll ever live up to the hype of his biggest fans, but nothing about him stood out as being anything less than a very solid starter. 

Because a lot of people thought that him not ever being a full time starter and his inconsistencies meant that he lacked talent. 

He's just scratching the surface of his potential and is already very good.

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

True. 

When one looks back at the last 5 drafts...we could have had such a juggernaut on both sides of the ball 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hindsight is 20-20 but the sad part is that most of the guys we passed on were players our fanbase loved and the guys we picked over them were all WTF picks. 

14 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I can attest to the fact you making this up"

On 3/14/2021 at 5:04 PM, big_palooka said:

Barmore is going to struggle early in his career. While explosive, his technique needs time. He disappeared from a lot of games. Big iOL gave him trouble as he gets blocked one on one a lot. 

I think Barmore has upside to be a great player. But he's not a frp in my eyes and taking him 17 to shelf him a year or 2 would not be a good use of the pick.

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Phillips, I liked his skill set, but he's still a long term concussion risk. 

From the draft thread:

On 3/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, big_palooka said:

I like Paye more, but wouldn't argue that. Phillips is heck of a player

Barmore, even you agreed Levi at 48 was better value than Barmore at 17. That was my only argument is that I didn't like him at 17. I didn't like any DT at 17 and some were calling Barmore a blue chip prospect which was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Phillips, I liked his skill set, but he's still a long term concussion risk. 

From the draft thread:

Barmore, even you agreed Levi at 48 was better value than Barmore at 17. That was my only argument is that I didn't like him at 17. I didn't like any DT at 17 and some were calling Barmore a blue chip prospect which was ridiculous. 

Phillips injury concerns were real but he profiled as a top 5 pick level talent. We should've went BPA instead of reaching for need, our pass rush would've been nasty. 

I agree that Barmore wasn't a great value at 17 and would've been a nice pick in the 2nd round. But he clearly was a talented prospect with a ton of upside. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

On 3/14/2021 at 2:04 PM, big_palooka said:

Paye is a projected top 15 pick which is why he wouldn't be considered a reach. He's fairly polished in his technique, athletic and plays with excellent power. He's a day 1 starter who can play up and down the line. 

Barmore is going to struggle early in his career. While explosive, his technique needs time. He disappeared from a lot of games. Big iOL gave him trouble as he gets blocked one on one a lot. 

I think Barmore has upside to be a great player. But he's not a frp in my eyes and taking him 17 to shelf him a year or 2 would not be a good use of the pick.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:20 AM, big_palooka said:

Limited production. Average speed. He only wins with his power, which will be harder at the NFL level. He's not an explosive penetrating DT. He's a big body guy, gets stood up a lot because his pad level is high.

Recency bias is the National Champ game is the reason people are talking about him. He was mostly average outside some splash plays.

He's not as good as the last 5 DTs out of Alabama. I think he's just a guy at the next level. Good, never great. Therefore round 1 is a reach to me.

Hey it's not my fault you contradicted yourself later lol

Edited by Jeremy408