2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

CeeDee Lamb, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, etc.

The list of busts since 2015 is long. 

Busts: 

Kevin White, Corey Coleman, Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson, Will Fuller, John Ross, Breshad Perriman, Corey Davis, N’Keal Harry, Henry Ruggs. 

Too early to tell but not looking good: 

Jalen Raegor, Brandon Aiyuk

However, I do agree that WR’s are transitioning to the league faster than they have historically. I would also argue that there is far less positional scarcity at the WR position across the NFL so it’s similar to Offensive Guard in that you shouldn’t invest a first round pick in a position that is rife with established NFL talent and future college prospects. 

10 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

The list of busts since 2015 is long. 

Busts: 

Kevin White, Corey Coleman, Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson, Will Fuller, John Ross, Breshad Perriman, Corey Davis, N’Keal Harry, Henry Ruggs. 

Too early to tell but not looking good: 

Jalen Raegor, Brandon Aiyuk

However, I do agree that WR’s are transitioning to the league faster than they have historically. I would also argue that there is far less positional scarcity at the WR position across the NFL so it’s similar to Offensive Guard in that you shouldn’t invest a first round pick in a position that is rife with established NFL talent and future college prospects. 

Kevin White just never really played due to injury. Laquon Treadwell is a bust but is having a decent little resurgence with the Jaguars. Will Fuller definitely isn't a bust he just hasn't stayed healthy but if he lands in the right situation he can be productive. Ruggs wasn't a bust because of his play on the field. Corey Davis was good for the Titans last year just ended up in a terrible situation with the Jets.

Raegor sucks but Ayiuk is a solid #2 WR.

Doctson, Coleman, Ross, Permian, and Harry were total busts though. 

There is but the difference between elite WR and average WR is huge. Even with a guy like Ruggs who wasn't even close to elite, his one elite trait was such a weapon for us because defenses always had to account for it. If you're able to land a Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, etc. it's definitely worth a first round pick.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kevin White just never really played due to injury. Laquon Treadwell is a bust but is having a decent little resurgence with the Jaguars. Will Fuller definitely isn't a bust he just hasn't stayed healthy but if he lands in the right situation he can be productive. Ruggs wasn't a bust because of his play on the field. Corey Davis was good for the Titans last year just ended up in a terrible situation with the Jets.

Raegor sucks but Ayiuk is a solid #2 WR.

Doctson, Coleman, Ross, Permian, and Harry were total busts though. 

There is but the difference between elite WR and average WR is huge. Even with a guy like Ruggs who wasn't even close to elite, his one elite trait was such a weapon for us because defenses always had to account for it. If you're able to land a Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, etc. it's definitely worth a first round pick.

All of the guys listed were busts because they didn’t live up to their first round draft status with their original team. Regardless of reasoning they simply didn’t pan out.

Of course Chase, Jefferson, and Lamb are worth a R1 pick but I don’t see that type of talent being there around pick 17-23. 

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

All of the guys listed were busts because they didn’t live up to their first round draft status with their original team. Regardless of reasoning they simply didn’t pan out.

Of course Chase, Jefferson, and Lamb are worth a R1 pick but I don’t see that type of talent being there around pick 17-23. 

CeeDee Lamb went 17th and Justin Jefferson went 22nd.

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Williams will be gone by the time we pick and London will be coming off a fractured ankle. Do you want to take London in R1? 

I think Williams will be available in the middle of the first round. Depending on London's medicals, but he definitely has first round talent.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

WR use to be a huge leap from College to NFL it’s just not the same anymore. Dosent mean every WR will work out but it’s not like how it’s use to be 

Also my issue with Jordan Davis is love the player but hard to pay the first round price tag for a player that’s not even gonna crack 60 percent of teams defensive snaps every week. 

I would for sure use a R1 pick on a dominant interior DL. Vita Vea, Jeffrey Simmons, and Dexter Lawrence are all great examples of 1st round interior DL that anchor a stout run D. Even if he doesn’t play on third downs the run stopping ability routinely puts the other teams in 3rd and unfavorable positions which helps a defense immensely. 

I’m not confident he will be there when we pick but if he is I’m running to the podium to take him. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think Williams will be available in the middle of the first round. Depending on London's medicals, but he definitely has first round talent.

So you see Williams being there between pick 17 and 23? The consensus seemed to be that his stock was rising and he could be a top 10 pick. I could be wrong though.