RFK STADIUM

Last time I went down to a game I made sure to make a detour (the wife was thrilled) so the kids could at least see RFK. Being from NY I’m not sure of all the traffic/ political/ transit issues, but it would be really cool if the new stadium is built there. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Last time I went down to a game I made sure to make a detour (the wife was thrilled) so the kids could at least see RFK. Being from NY I’m not sure of all the traffic/ political/ transit issues, but it would be really cool if the new stadium is built there. 

There’s a metro stop that puts you a few blocks away from the stadium. I remember taking it with my dad when I was little going to games.

14 hours ago, 4209 said:

So many great memories. If it left up to me we would still be playing here. Demolition is scheduled to start in 2022. 😭

Doc looks really skinny here. I haven’t heard anything but I’m worried he may be sick. He’s off the air now & off Comcast maybe the reason why is because he has heart problems or something.

He sounds find though in the video, so perhaps I’m just overreacting.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

tenor.gif

🤣🤣🤣 my bad hopefully I’m not starting anything. It’s just my gut feeling. Lol and when I say my gut it means I’m not invested I just love the team and hope they get an amazing name and stadium.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

🤣🤣🤣 my bad hopefully I’m not starting anything. It’s just my gut feeling. Lol and when I say my gut it means I’m not invested I just love the team and hope they get an amazing name and stadium.

I agree with you.  I think the Mayor wants it there, but the name was a barrier.  I think they'll get it done.

I went to the last DC United game at RFK.  Lots of fond memories of those bouncing stands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noptov52 said:

I agree with you.  I think the Mayor wants it there, but the name was a barrier.  I think they'll get it done.

I went to the last DC United game at RFK.  Lots of fond memories of those bouncing stands.

Well that’s why I hope it’s back there. I was too young for RFK but I grew up on my parents games stories. I’m just excited for where this team is headed slowly and patiently I’m actually kinda okay with this franchise right now dare I say. But I’m excited I honk this regime is making smarter calculated moves so we shall see

Saw alot of Cowboys and Redskin games over the yrs at RFK. I remember how some cowboy fans would look at RFK stadium bouncing up and down and I can tell it was intimidating. This is one of many great memories at RFK. Man I was fired up that day LOL 

• Like 1

Here is another great RFK memory. At the 1:57 mark  "Die you dogs Die" But sadly this is last time we beat Roger Staubach in a big playoff game I believe. 

Edited by 4209
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, noptov52 said:

Dan Snyder also being who he is and the muck he is being dragged through also bears watching in regards to this 

• Like 1