2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I haven't really looked at many WRs because I'm 99.7% sure Rodgers will push Adams to join us. We trade to trade for him before the deadline and there are reports we're going after him again. 

With that being said, I'm definitely interested in a 3rd WR. If he does enter, I'd seriously look at Emeka Egbuka. He's going to fall to a good spot in the draft and could be a sleeper because of his last injury and poor QB play. 

Funny thing that Egbuka was number one WR entering NCAA world but after playing under the same system, Harrison Jr is well ahead of Egbuka.

Acquiring Adams makes it impossible for Jets to fix OL. Lower ammo, tighter salary cap, etc.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Funny thing that Egbuka was number one WR entering NCAA world but after playing under the same system, Harrison Jr is well ahead of Egbuka.

Acquiring Adams makes it impossible for Jets to fix OL. Lower ammo, tighter salary cap, etc.

Yeah, he was the top guy but I'm not sure if he's a 1st round pick anymore. 

We tried to trade for him knowing about our oline issues. So I can still see us doing it. No matter what, we're going to need another great WR though.  Brady and P.Manning had 2 when they won their final rings. Oline is top priority,  but we're not going anywhere without a 2nd WR defenses have to take seriously. 

17 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, he was the top guy but I'm not sure if he's a 1st round pick anymore. 

We tried to trade for him knowing about our oline issues. So I can still see us doing it. No matter what, we're going to need another great WR though.  Brady and P.Manning had 2 when they won their final rings. Oline is top priority,  but we're not going anywhere without a 2nd WR defenses have to take seriously. 

It is getting harder to acquire Adams as Raiders have apparently played good football game as of late with Aidan O'Connell under center.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:20 AM, xrade said:

Brady and Manning MADE WR's great.  Especially Brady.  Has a NE WR ever left NE and been good.  Not including Randy Moss of course.

I was referring to their final rings, not career wise. Peyton had Decker and Thomas. Brady had Evans and Godwin. My point is get Rodgers a 2nd great WR like they had. 

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I was referring to their final rings, not career wise. Peyton had Decker and Thomas. Brady had Evans and Godwin. My point is get Rodgers a 2nd great WR like they had. 

They also had great OLs. We need to sure up our protection first, then add in more weapons. Given that good OL rarely hit FA, I'm all for splurging on Evans or Pittman if the OL market is cold. Even if not those guys, we should be able to pick up one of Ridley, Higgens, Boyd, and Marquise Brown.

53 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How do you feel about Tony Adams being FS for Jets?  I have pondered about Minnesota's Tyler Nubin.  It looks like he is only safety with full package in the draft. 

I like Adams for now, safety is not an urgent need. 

We need to address OT x2 and WR first.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It is going be hard for me to be optimistic about the 2024 NFL draft, when we only have two picks in the first 100 players, we will pick 10 in the first round & 75 in third round. That could change, but not that much.

I have a plan. Stay tuned for my next post.

53 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How do you feel about Tony Adams being FS for Jets?  I have pondered about Minnesota's Tyler Nubin.  It looks like he is only safety with full package in the draft. 

At this point, we should only be looking at O for the draft.  Sounds silly but there is nothing we really need on D unless a top player falls to round 3 or later.  I think Adams is OK at FS and he should only get better.