2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Really liking Ojabo the more I watched Michigan highlights.  Great off the edge and 5 strip sacks.  Good hedge if Lawson lost explosiveness and moves to LE.

There are about 3 or 4 edges after Hutchinson can generate the similar result for Jets.  Not sure which one fits best for 10 year job with Jets.

24 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we lose out on both Edge then definitely go Neal.  I don't want a CB yet or that high, especially one who is injured.  The interesting pick would then be do we have a ****ing unreal OL and get Linderbaum or do we go Edge with that second pick?

Neal-AVT-Linderbaum-Vet-Becton

Grab a TE FA, bigger RB day 3 and then let the offense revolve around the OL and the RBs. Sheesh.

Making sure Wilson is our QB is vastly more important than fixing this defense. That being said... Wilson's issues haven't been bc the OL is garbage. OL has actually been pretty good. And that's without Becton. So OL isn't an excuse. But yes... if we could make this OL elite for a decade... that's never a bad thing. The thing is if we did go OL with both 1st it doesn't set the defense back a ton. Bc we still have 2 2nds and Lawson coming back.

There's lots of directions to go with these top picks. But if we did go Neal, Lindy...

We could easily go Elam or McDuffie if there at the top of Round 2 and still guys like Sanders, Johnson at Edge and Hill and Battle at S should be there with our other 2nd.

For me the depth in this draft is A LOT better on defense than it is on offense. So I'd have no issue spending the 1st on offense and spending the majority of the rest of the picks on defense. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Making sure Wilson is our QB is vastly more important than fixing this defense. That being said... Wilson's issues haven't been bc the OL is garbage. OL has actually been pretty good. And that's without Becton. So OL isn't an excuse. But yes... if we could make this OL elite for a decade... that's never a bad thing. The thing is if we did go OL with both 1st it doesn't set the defense back a ton. Bc we still have 2 2nds and Lawson coming back.

There's lots of directions to go with these top picks. But if we did go Neal, Lindy...

We could easily go Elam or McDuffie if there at the top of Round 2 and still guys like Sanders, Johnson at Edge and Hill and Battle at S should be there with our other 2nd.

For me the depth in this draft is A LOT better on defense than it is on offense. So I'd have no issue spending the 1st on offense and spending the majority of the rest of the picks on defense. 

Saleh and Jets brass already confirmed that Wilson is our qb.  Thats it.   Fixing up OL and White or someone happens to play well in place of WIlson down on the road. Thats all I care.

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If he kills the combine, we might not get him later. He's moving up quickly and is outperforming a lot of defensive favorites.  If he has a freak combine, he's going to be in or close to the top-10 range. 

Man I like Lloyd and think he’s a great player. But this is a stacked LB class. IMO… there’s no reason to be spending any of our top picks on one. I imagine we get one in FA leaving us with a starting spot for just 1 guy. Grab a guy like To’o To’o in Round 3 who can start day 1 and can fly around the field too. LB isn’t why this team is struggling on D. Mosley and Williams have arguably been our best players on defense. It’s the lack of pressure and coverage that’s the issue.

I really just don't want us to trade back at all. We need top end talent. Not more picks. We have plenty of picks. Use those picks to add talent, not more picks.

As of now we have 4 picks in the top 40. We sit at 4, 7, 36, 39. That's great position to add a lot of talent.

Yes I see that's 7th spot being more around 10ish when it's all said and done (which might be prime area for Lindy). But CAR very well might not win another game the rest of the way (BUF, TBx2 and NO left). So that (39th) pick is likely to stay right around that range.

In an ideal world we find a way with those top 40 picks to add 2 great players to the offense and the defense each. But that's not always how it works. Where we spend FA money might help decide how we need to distribute those top picks as well. 

Saw I'm watching more and more on Hamilton and Stingley being I think one of them could be 1 of our top picks. There's a TON to like about both.

With Hamilton you're getting a much better coverage S than Adams. So we really shouldn't compare the 2. That being said... I still don't like spending that high of a pick on a S. And I stand by that. Is he arguably worth it? Perhaps. Being he can tackle, cover and create turnovers. But I odds of him ever living up to that #4 pick value is very unlikely. You look at the best Ss in our generation who were even 1st rounders... they all were in the back half of round 1. Guys like Reed, Troy, etc.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I like Lloyd and think he’s a great player. But this is a stacked LB class. IMO… there’s no reason to be spending any of our top picks on one. I imagine we get one in FA leaving us with a starting spot for just 1 guy. Grab a guy like To’o To’o in Round 3 who can start day 1 and can fly around the field too. LB isn’t why this team is struggling on D. Mosley and Williams have arguably been our best players on defense. It’s the lack of pressure and coverage that’s the issue.

Lol Before we go any further,  just reminding you I'm a person who has no problem going defense twice in the first round. This debate won't go anywhere if you hate that idea. 

I don't think it matters who we draft or what we do. The major problem is Wilson. He has had time with average WR and has done zero with it. Until you fix the QB problem all this means nothing. Then you add that Saleh and JD keep saying Wilson is the guy you have to move on from them too. The team is doomed until Wilson is no longer QB or you get ride of all three because they refuse to give up on Wilson. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Lol Before we go any further,  just reminding you I'm a person who has no problem going defense twice in the first round. This debate won't go anywhere if you hate that idea. 

I don't neccasirly have a problem with it either.

But where I believe I differ with you (I'd assume) is that trying to make Wilson our franchise QB for me is vastly vastly more important than making the defense better. If we have the best defense in the world and have nothing at QB it doesn't matter. We have a good QB and you can even win in this league with a below average defense. Now that's not me saying don't draft defense bc we do need to. But putting pieces to the puzzle to make Wilson succeed, outweighs that. Whether that be more OL help, a WR and TE. drafted high so be it. We just need him to be in position to succeed.

We draft Hamilton and Stingley Round 1... that doesn't help Wilson out much at all.

This is a QB driven league and we need to make sure we do everything we can to try and make Wilson that guy for us. 

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't neccasirly have a problem with it either.

But where I believe I differ with you (I'd assume) is that trying to make Wilson our franchise QB for me is vastly vastly more important than making the defense better. If we have the best defense in the world and have nothing at QB it doesn't matter. We have a good QB and you can even win in this league with a below average defense. Now that's not me saying don't draft defense bc we do need to. But putting pieces to the puzzle to make Wilson succeed, outweighs that. Whether that be more OL help, a WR and TE. drafted high so be it. We just need him to be in position to succeed.

We draft Hamilton and Stingley Round 1... that doesn't help Wilson out much at all.

This is a QB driven league and we need to make sure we do everything we can to try and make Wilson that guy for us. 

Defense is stronger in that 2022 draft class and Jets happen to own two top 10 picks.  Unless Becton situation gets clearer, we may have to deal with 2 defensive players.

Wilson is on his own to develop into NFL qb.  Jets continue adding best talents they see fit.  If Wilson can't and Jets are ready to roll then Jets will make a move on veteran to replace Wilson for 2023 as JD and Saleh would be on hot seat.

I reckon that this remind us of the past but this time is the first time in long time GM runs the show solely for real.