2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Dunno about Jets but Thibo shouldn't fall beyond Giants' spot.

QB situation is something I can't place a bet on. lol

Deshaun Watson, Russ Wilson, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garapollo, Matt Ryan and even Aaron Rodgers can be moved.

Kenny Pickett's double jointed hand will be put on test for NFL football but his age may be an issue.

Matt Corral may be only one qb that is worthy of top 10 pick.

Panthers, Washington, Broncos, Saints and Steelers may invest highly in qb without any trade.

Because all those teams need a QB, that's what is going to drive up the value. Even the QBs you mentioned that could be traded, the only team with a replacement is the 49ers. So all those teams will need QBs as well. Mike White's value looks pretty good. Those who couldn't find a QB via trade or free agency will likely make their move in the draft. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Because all those teams need a QB, that's what is going to drive up the value. Even the QBs you mentioned that could be traded, the only team with a replacement is the 49ers. So all those teams will need QBs as well. Mike White's value looks pretty good. Those who couldn't find a QB via trade or free agency will likely make their move in the draft. 

White stays. Thank you very much.

12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Also I don’t have time to dig into it… but when was the last time no QBs went too 5 in a draft. I’m sure it’s been incredibly rare.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Also I don’t have time to dig into it… but when was the last time no QBs went too 5 in a draft. I’m sure it’s been incredibly rare.

2013. The year we got Geno.  What a crap QB class led by EJ Manuel at 16. But, is this year’s class a whole lot better to the point someone will reach in the top 5?

2022 may be the year teams look for a developmental prospect to replace their starter in a year or two and forsake over drafting in the top 5. I really don’t see a team trading up into the top 5 for a QB. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

2013. The year we got Geno.  What a crap QB class led by EJ Manuel at 16. But, is this year’s class a whole lot better to the point someone will reach in the top 5?

2022 may be the year teams look for a developmental prospect to replace their starter in a year or two and forsake over drafting in the top 5. I really don’t see a team trading up into the top 5 for a QB. 

Exactly that’s my point. So 1 class in all these years. So the odds are very slim. And this class is A LOT more talented than that class was. As a whole and as far as QBs go. Never fails that a couple QBs wow in pre draft stuff. Did any of us think Bortles or Trubisky would go so high? No, but they did. And that’s just a couple examples. There’s several more. If I had to take a bet right now, I’d say a QB goes top 5 even though there seems to be no guy worth it. 

14 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Who will be your backup qb?  Flacco or Johnson or some guy that packs food items?

The way we forced Flacco and Wilson out there after White had a bad game against a top defense (after coming off injury), it's not going to be a real competition if we keep him. He's only going to play if Wilson is going to get hurt. I don't think we will let him walk, but we will likely trade him to one of these QB needing teams and add another vet. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Right. It doesn't happen often. The Lions will have a hard time getting the big QBs on the potential trading block interested in playing for them. They will likely draft one there because they're not going to the season with Goff as their guy. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Did any of us think Bortles or Trubisky would go so high?

And they both couldn’t suck more. IIRC, Chi and Jax were both belittled for those moves. I think GM’s learned from that. Still, I can’t see a team giving all that draft capital to move up for a Pickett. Det. has an underwhelming Goff but even they are not foolish enough to reach for a QB this year. Not to mention a couple that may return to school once they get their draft grade.

2023 may look a little better with Young and maybe Stroud eligible. I like Young. Hell, we may be in on him depending on how Zach plays next year.

40 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

They will likely draft one there because they're not going to the season with Goff as their guy

I think Det. is a little smarter than that. Millen is no longer GM. Why draft a QB at 3 when you can get one in round 2 that has similar potential?  It’s just a bad year for QB’s and I can’t see a team trading with us or jumping us to get a QB. 

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk