2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Never mind if the offense is worth a darn… the D is off the field more making the D better just by not being on the field as much.

The converse of that is also true, if the O would get a few first downs, it gives the D time to rest.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

@Bobby816

Yo.   Any idea why didn't Isaiah Chambers stay with big school (TCU, Houston)?

So from what I read was that his aunt who raised him got sick (his mom passed away in middle school I believe). Keep in mind he never played a down for TCU. So that's why he transferred from TCU to Houston bc that's where he's from. He then played 2 seasons for UH where he was good. But since he was then 4 years in college (1yr TCU, transferred and sat out, and than 2 yrs a UH) he had graduated already. So not sure why he chose a small school like McNeese to be a graduate transfer to. I mean McNeese isn't far from Houston being on the TX/LA border. So maybe that played into it in some way.

• Like 1

I see we have a bunch of mid round physical RBs in the 210-220 lbs range who are tough runners and can catch. Would love to pair one of them with Michael Carter, especially if we add another FRP to the OL. We need to do what the Patriots are doing with Jones. Strong running game and TEs. That would really open up things for Moore and Davis. Davis is useless when it’s just him but as Moore’s sidekick he would be much better.  

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I see we have a bunch of mid round physical RBs in the 210-220 lbs range who are tough runners and can catch. Would love to pair one of them with Michael Carter, especially if we add another FRP to the OL. We need to do what the Patriots are doing with Jones. Strong running game and TEs. That would really open up things for Moore and Davis. Davis is useless when it’s just him but as Moore’s sidekick he would be much better.  

TE names too look for are: Gesicki (I doubt MIA lets him go), Schultz, Conklin, Njoku, Engram, Everett, Howard, Hurst to name a few.

At RB I love Carter, but you do need 2 backs these days. And you're right that'd be nice to have a bigger guy for short yardage situations. So hopefully via FA or draft we can find a 2nd guy behind him. But I think we need to really feature Carter next season. Especially if we go OL in Round 1 where its the strength of this team. 

If we miss out on Hutch and Thib we need a trade down.  Gamble on a future 1st again and get a 2nd/3rd.  I like the picks 10-20 defensive player value.

Since CB is a hot topic, can you guys give a quick break down on some of these guys? We already have solid cover corners and guys who compete.  Who can be a ball hawk? Or should we just look to add ballhawks at S and LB?

12 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we miss out on Hutch and Thib we need a trade down.  Gamble on a future 1st again and get a 2nd/3rd.  I like the picks 10-20 defensive player value.

Since CB is a hot topic, can you guys give a quick break down on some of these guys? We already have solid cover corners and guys who compete.  Who can be a ball hawk? Or should we just look to add ballhawks at S and LB?

Sauce imo is the best Cb in the class. But Stingley will get drafted ahead of him. But I’ll stand by that sauce will be the best Cb from this draft class. Stingley and sauce are more your shutdown corners. Booth and Elam are larger cbs who cover good. But are more physical than anything. 

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think Sauce will be the #1 CB taken in the draft and he deserves it. Stingley will be good, but his injuries will be brought up and slide a little. It happens every year. Battle, Hamilton, and Joseph are my favorite safeties right now. I'm a member of the Devin Lloyd fan club, so yes to LB. CBs, Sauce, Stingley, Gordon, and Booth are more favorites so far. 

My "bold" prediction is Lloyd will be a top-10 pick after the combine. Freak athlete, great size, and is the highest graded LB out of the last 2 drafts. That includes Parsons and others. 

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk