2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Although I still think he's going to be great, I'm removing Kyle Hamilton from my top-10 consideration list. I think he's going to slide pretty far back now. He plays faster than his 40time shows, but we've seen prospects fall because of their times before. I think he's next. 

Told ya, he belongs LB at next level. lol

Anyway, I thought we came to agreement that 40yard dash won't affect prospects' first round status. 

My general first round favorites now: 

Thibo, J.Johnson, Walker, Gardner, Lloyd, Dean, Williams, London, and Wilson. 

2nd round: Watson, Pickens, Travis Jones, Ojabo, Elam, Leal, Cine, Petit-Frere, Winfrey, Mathis, Brisker, and Wyatt. 

1a. Thibs

1b. Garrett Wilson

2a. Jaquan Brisker

2b. Travis Jones

3. Chad Muma or Troy Anderson

4a. Dylan Parham (under the radar Center potential, can play RG or RT if there is a Becton injury)

4b. Yusuf Corker

5a. Jake Ferguson (do we have room for 4 TE?), maybe developmental Tackle

5b. Hassan Haskins

I think this is my ideal mock.  Great fits, high IQ guys, great athletes and leaders Day 2, coached hands on at Senior Bowl.

Only scenario I would prefer is trade down to 20 grab a 3rd and future 1st then land Burks.  In that scenario that extra 3rd can be another DE Isaiah Thomas.  Great LE to go opposite Lawson and Thibs.  Then Pitt misses playoffs with Trubisky and we have borderline top 10 pick to go along with ours.  

Going into following offseason we now know if we need a top 10 CB and if Becton is for real.  We honestly wouldn't have many holes to fill except for elite talent.  If AJ, Deebo, DK, etc are still having contract issues then it's an easy overpayment for us.  And it's even more insurance incase Zach's stock plummets (but I'm not worried about that).  But going forward we should have the flexibility of either making trades like the Rams or taking the top talent available.

32 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

1a. Thibs

1b. Garrett Wilson

2a. Jaquan Brisker

2b. Travis Jones

3. Chad Muma or Troy Anderson

4a. Dylan Parham (under the radar Center potential, can play RG or RT if there is a Becton injury)

4b. Yusuf Corker

5a. Jake Ferguson (do we have room for 4 TE?), maybe developmental Tackle

5b. Hassan Haskins

I think this is my ideal mock.  Great fits, high IQ guys, great athletes and leaders Day 2, coached hands on at Senior Bowl.

Only scenario I would prefer is trade down to 20 grab a 3rd and future 1st then land Burks.  In that scenario that extra 3rd can be another DE Isaiah Thomas.  Great LE to go opposite Lawson and Thibs.  Then Pitt misses playoffs with Trubisky and we have borderline top 10 pick to go along with ours.  

Going into following offseason we now know if we need a top 10 CB and if Becton is for real.  We honestly wouldn't have many holes to fill except for elite talent.  If AJ, Deebo, DK, etc are still having contract issues then it's an easy overpayment for us.  And it's even more insurance incase Zach's stock plummets (but I'm not worried about that).  But going forward we should have the flexibility of either making trades like the Rams or taking the top talent available.

The more I think about it the more I see Wilson not making it to 10. ATL is picking right before us and have no one at WR. I think they’re for sure going WR, all depends on who the have ranked 1st on their board. Wilson is very “Ridley” like. So I can see them going for him. Where if we decide to go WR at 10. I think we have to decide between London, Williams or Burks there.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The more I think about it the more I see Wilson not making it to 10. ATL is picking right before us and have no one at WR. I think they’re for sure going WR, all depends on who the have ranked 1st on their board. Wilson is very “Ridley” like. So I can see them going for him. Where if we decide to go WR at 10. I think we have to decide between London, Williams or Burks there.

That’s fine especially if London tests well. 

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Think ATL is probably more worried whos throwing to the wr’s, they cant just be content with Mariota

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If we add a vet WR what are y’all thoughts on Charles Cross at 10?

I'd rather see us go Lindy at 10 if we're going OL there. But personally I don't want us going OL unless we think we have a trade in place kind of for a guy like Fant or McGovern.