2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Don't think we draft ahead of Chicago or Arizona who both have two potential top 10 picks.

Don’t think AZ takes a QB if they miss out on 1st overall, probably take MHJ for Kyler if they aren’t in a position to get Caleb. Chicago maybe, I think we’re BAD BAD but Chicago may be worse. I would probably move on from Fields at this point but there’s a chance they believe Fields with a more creative offensive mind might be able to get him right

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Because I have no faith in Saleh handling the QB situation or to even push for a new QB, I'm shifting my focus to the off-season and player development. 

I'll be looking for potential QBs, OL, and coaches this year. 

Unfortunately unless Rodgers gives the okay on a HC change or he retires I doubt they move on….BUT I’d love Ben Johnson, some guys I’m open minded about are Pats Coordinators(BoB/Steve B) Kellen Moore and Eric Bienemy. I’d prefer our next Coach to be offensive minded but I’m not tied to that idea if he’s a defensive guy who isn’t a conservative idiot

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Unfortunately unless Rodgers gives the okay on a HC change or he retires I doubt they move on….BUT I’d love Ben Johnson, some guys I’m open minded about are Pats Coordinators(BoB/Steve B) Kellen Moore and Eric Bienemy. I’d prefer our next Coach to be offensive minded but I’m not tied to that idea if he’s a defensive guy who isn’t a conservative idiot

At this point, I'm getting close to not caring what Rodgers would think. So far, I'm interested in Johnson, EB, and Flores. I'm still interested in Harbough. I'll probably have a better list after the Chiefs stomp us.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

At this point, I'm getting close to not caring what Rodgers would think. So far, I'm interested in Johnson, EB, and Flores. I'm still interested in Harbough. I'll probably have a better list after the Chiefs stomp us.  

Not a Flores fan especially if we bring in a Young QB, how he handled Tua was unacceptable. I might be in the minority but I really wouldn’t mind BoB, experienced offensive mind, helped develop Watson, keeps players accountable, just don’t give him GM duties!!

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Not gonna lie. I'd rather keep the staff if means keeping AR than to turn the page entirely. I don't have the energy for a rebuild when an SB run is staring us in the face.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Because I have no faith in Saleh handling the QB situation or to even push for a new QB, I'm shifting my focus to the off-season and player development. 

I'll be looking for potential QBs, OL, and coaches this year. 

After rooting for Bayer Mayfield, Zach Wilson and Kenny Pickett to be taken by Jets in 4th round or later but all of them were taken in 1st,  I shall stay quiet.

Edited by JetsandI

Rodgers is our ticket out of this hell hole. If he wants to play for two more seasons for us, we should be so lucky.

But people WILL be losing their jobs this season, how can they not? From Super Bowl expectations to the worst offense in football (again). And the GM and coach refuse to admit their error in judgment on the one player holding this franchise back.

At this point, you can make the argument that Douglas and Saleh are holding the franchise back more than Wilson...because they are the enablers who keep trotting him out there week after week, expecting different results.