2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Of course we need to see how FA shakes out, but I'm very much in love with this QB class and have been warming up to the idea of taking Daniels, Penix Jr, or Nix in the first (maybe in a trade down, but realistically no team trades away a pick while their QB is on the board).

On one side, we need to go all in on this window and give Rodgers an OL and receivers.

On the other side, we need to set up the future of the Jets and have our rookie QB sit for once to learn and get adjusted instead of dying in the fire.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:53 AM, NJerseypaint said:

Of course we need to see how FA shakes out, but I'm very much in love with this QB class and have been warming up to the idea of taking Daniels, Penix Jr, or Nix in the first (maybe in a trade down, but realistically no team trades away a pick while their QB is on the board).

On one side, we need to go all in on this window and give Rodgers an OL and receivers.

On the other side, we need to set up the future of the Jets and have our rookie QB sit for once to learn and get adjusted instead of dying in the fire.

The problem with the QB is there are no coaches that can develop the new kid. Knapp is long gone (RIP), Hackett needs to be fired, but won't be. That's why they need to move all '25 assets up to '24 and take the top OT, even if it means trading up from where they end up. Then trading for Devonte with a 1st rd pick next year.

You set up '25 as the strategic tank year. Don't pay anyone on defense, and force Rogers to retire, even if they make an AFCCG next year by some miracle. If they get to the SB, Rogers retires anyway. It makes no sense keeping a single '25 asset on the books. I don't know why people don't understand this.

'26 is a year where Arch can decide to leave early. Or there will be other franchise QBs. And the defense will be old or many of the current players will move on after '24, sans perhaps Sauce and Quinnen. 

18 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

The problem with the QB is there are no coaches that can develop the new kid. Knapp is long gone (RIP), Hackett needs to be fired, but won't be. That's why they need to move all '25 assets up to '24 and take the top OT, even if it means trading up from where they end up. Then trading for Devonte with a 1st rd pick next year.

You set up '25 as the strategic tank year. Don't pay anyone on defense, and force Rogers to retire, even if they make an AFCCG next year by some miracle. If they get to the SB, Rogers retires anyway. It makes no sense keeping a single '25 asset on the books. I don't know why people don't understand this.

'26 is a year where Arch can decide to leave early. Or there will be other franchise QBs. And the defense will be old or many of the current players will move on after '24, sans perhaps Sauce and Quinnen. 

I have been saying this for over a year. I think Manning is going to be a Jet. Bill Parcells was already to draft P. Manning back in the day but he decided to go back for 1 more year. Bill almost had him here. The Manning family likes New York and knows how much money they can pump out just by being in NY. I do think the Jets will tank in 25 and take Manning number 1 in 26 draft. 

On 11/29/2023 at 9:59 AM, xrade said:

At this point, we should only be looking at O for the draft.  Sounds silly but there is nothing we really need on D unless a top player falls to round 3 or later.  I think Adams is OK at FS and he should only get better.

Natural run stuffing DT may be the most glaring need for Jets. 

On 11/29/2023 at 9:58 AM, jetjuice said:

I like Adams for now, safety is not an urgent need. 

We need to address OT x2 and WR first.

I more care about near NFL ready OT than where they are taken.     Vera Tucker was NFL ready when came out of college and he played all right after returning from injury.  Becton was too raw to master NFL tools coming out of college and he had struggled to handle NFL once he returned to action. 

Missouri's Brady Cook:

I don't know if he stays or turns but Missouri will play against the loaded team Buckeyes.  He had shoulder surgery between his starting years. He can be day 2 guy but I would like him to be available for day 3.

Western Kentucky's Austin Reed:

He believes he has suffered serious concussion and I don't know if he will play on Monday. He should be one of top UDFA prospects.

Ahhhhh!   I almost forget.    OSU's RB Braelon Allen turns pro.  He will be 20 years old next month. He has body and speed to handle NFL. If he works out well, he could be good for 2 contracts (rookie and big extension).

God, I wish Jets have a multiple high picks.  lol.

48 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Keep an eye on Kiran Amegadjie from Yale. He's a great LT with OG experience. 6'5 320 and athletic. Blake Fisher is someone I'm high on as well.  

Kiran had quad surgery in October. I don't know if he comes out and rocks the evaluating events to be confirmed as Round 2 value.   Another Carter Warren may upset fan community.

If Jets managed to trade out of top 15, Troy Fautanu and Jordan Morgan come to mind, depending where a pick is made. Both are for LT gig.

I keep pondering whether Jets should hurry up and secure RT spot.  It would be easier if Jets found LT or RT via either trade or FA. Entering the draft with both Ts in question is worrying me.

Maybe Vera Tucker stays outside permanently opposing a future 1st Round tackle. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Kiran had quad surgery in October. I don't know if he comes out and rocks the evaluating events to be confirmed as Round 2 value.   Another Carter Warren may upset fan community.

If Jets managed to trade out of top 15, Troy Fautanu and Jordan Morgan come to mind, depending where a pick is made. Both are for LT gig.

I keep pondering whether Jets should hurry up and secure RT spot.  It would be easier if Jets found LT or RT via either trade or FA. Entering the draft with both Ts in question is worrying me.

Maybe Vera Tucker stays outside permanently opposing a future 1st Round tackle. 

It really depends on how the board plays out for us. I hate the idea of keeping AVT outside because of injuries, but if he's the best option at OT compared to the others we have a chance at, then we have to keep him out there.  

I would like for us to trade for Bolles if we're out of range to pick a good LT. Then go with the best available RT out of the draft and FA. I think it's time to be 2008-09 aggressive when it comes to the OL. We can't risk this Rodgers project become a complete failure because that will just add to the horrible identity our franchise has already. AFC championship or bust next season. 

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It really depends on how the board plays out for us. I hate the idea of keeping AVT outside because of injuries, but if he's the best option at OT compared to the others we have a chance at, then we have to keep him out there.  

I would like for us to trade for Bolles if we're out of range to pick a good LT. Then go with the best available RT out of the draft and FA. I think it's time to be 2008-09 aggressive when it comes to the OL. We can't risk this Rodgers project become a complete failure because that will just add to the horrible identity our franchise has already. AFC championship or bust next season. 

Dunno about Vera Tucker's bad luck at T but his contract is running out and I think Jets should pick one spot and stick with it before giving him a good money.  

You think Broncos wont give Bolles new contract?  Broncos' OL is the strongest part of Broncos so I don't know if Payton is cool with parting Bolles.  That would be interesting if Bolles was on the trade block.  

Right now, Jonah Williams is the most make sense for Jets. I don't know if he is the answer.

34 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Dunno about Vera Tucker's bad luck at T but his contract is running out and I think Jets should pick one spot and stick with it before giving him a good money.  

You think Broncos wont give Bolles new contract?  Broncos' OL is the strongest part of Broncos so I don't know if Payton is cool with parting Bolles.  That would be interesting if Bolles was on the trade block.  

Right now, Jonah Williams is the most make sense for Jets. I don't know if he is the answer.

This is based on if they flop the rest of the season and if we can sell hope with Rogers' return. He wasn't happy with losing early in the season. If they don't make it this season, they could blow up the roster to build the team Payton wants. Bolles contract is coming to an end, so he may hold out for a new contract. They're currently at -20M and don't have a lot of picks. 

They'll be able to package him in a pick swap with us if it goes right. I'm not getting my hopes high, but it's something to keep an eye on.