Jump to content

College Football: 2021-22


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure. It’s clear to me they’re prioritizing offense. With our high picks all bring that the last 2 drafts.

 

Dunno.  I mean Jets had to focus on offensive side after many years of taking defensive prospects that high.  Right now, JD has enough offensive prospects to stabilize the balance of offense despite of Becton's injury and Mims being out of top plan.  JD can split sides for first 4 picks to improve both sides equally.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

 

Dunno.  I mean Jets had to focus on offensive side after many years of taking defensive prospects that high.  Right now, JD has enough offensive prospects to stabilize the balance of offense despite of Becton's injury and Mims being out of top plan.  JD can split sides for first 4 picks to improve both sides equally.

 

 

I think OL continues to be a focus. But we have to remember that 2 of our top 4 WRs are FAs after this year as well. I doubt Crowder and Cole are resigned. So WR can be a focus still. Especially if they don’t believe in Mims. TE needs to be addressed as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure. It’s clear to me they’re prioritizing offense. With our high picks all bring that the last 2 drafts.

No issue with me there.  In terms of O position groups, WR is set, OL - duh, QB is set, TE - need upgrade, RB - who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, xrade said:

No issue with me there.  In terms of O position groups, WR is set, OL - duh, QB is set, TE - need upgrade, RB - who knows.

WR isn’t set though. Cole and crowder are FAs. And is Mims getting enough snaps to show he’s a legit starter for us?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

WR isn’t set though. Cole and crowder are FAs. And is Mims getting enough snaps to show he’s a legit starter for us?

I am working with the assumption that Davis, Mims, and Moore will be our starting 3 next year.  Big assumption with Mims, I know.  Berrios and Smith will hang around forever.  If Mims does not warrant starter reps, then yeah, maybe.  But I would expect that to be addressed in FA.  Like another Cole signing or even Cole himself.  I don't think they will spend a high pick on one.  Then again, I kind of **** the bed this draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WR may be set because we still have Davis and Moore as top WRs. The rest of WR spots could be filled by veterans or mid round or later picks.   Jets should not spend high pick on WR. Well, maybe not first 3 picks. 

 

C, RG, RT upgrade could be anywhere.  Current PSer, FA, UDFA, late round, mid round and early round from FO's point of view.

 

 

And oh,  Mims is done with Jets.  It would take a miracle that Mims moves up through 4 spots to get starting gig without any injury of higher ranking WRs.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JetsandI said:

WR may be set because we still have Davis and Moore as top WRs. The rest of WR spots could be filled by veterans or mid round or later picks.   Jets should not spend high pick on WR. Well, maybe not first 3 picks. 

 

C, RG, RT upgrade could be anywhere.  Current PSer, FA, UDFA, late round, mid round and early round from FO's point of view.

 

 

And oh,  Mims is done with Jets.  It would take a miracle that Mims moves up through 4 spots to get starting gig without any injury of higher ranking WRs.

 

 

 

I sure hope not. 

 

Edited by KimuraGod
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

After watching the ND game, I am officially on the draft Hamilton with our first pick bandwagon. There is nothing this guy can’t do on the field. 

Welcome. We have refreshments in the back. Here is your membership swag bag. * Hands you a Kyles Hamilton Jets jersey* 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta to tell you guys that I am happy Jets drafted Wilson and traded Darnold because 2022 qb class isn't that attractive.  Surely, they are good prospects but I don't think they will be ready on week 1 next year.    Sticking with Darnold this year and moving on with one of those 22's qb next year sounds terrible now.

Edited by JetsandI
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Florida edge rusher Brenton Cox and defensive end Zachary Carter are future pros that would challenge Neal. On the first drive of the game Neal was flawless getting wins versus Carter, but on the second drive a young speed rusher flew by Neal on a third down to force a throw. Alabama ffensive coordinator Bill O’Brien was protecting Neal by calling a lot of quick passes and not giving the Gators rushers time. At different times during the game some speed rushers including Carter did blow by Neal and he was bailed out by quarterback Bryce Young. Neal was effective as a run blocker tying up his defenders and getting some push at the line.

From walterfootball recap.  I still wait for draftcountdown to write stuff before I get excited about Carter.  I know he would be 3rd edge from Florida but he definitely is right one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...