Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Wait till the veterans comment

Yeah, see... I'm just not so sure anymore.

He's obviously a great prospect. After the 2021 NFL season, he'll most likely be in the top tier of RBs. So, for S23, he's a guaranteed 1 tag keeper and an outstanding weapon. How would that be anything less than a good pick?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

He's obviously a great prospect. After the 2021 NFL season, he'll most likely be in the top tier of RBs. So, for S23, he's a guaranteed 1 tag keeper and an outstanding weapon. How would that be anything less than a good pick?

Better options for this season out there. I just don’t know how far Trevor would take me this season. So I’m happy to add to the future. 

30!?!?

Exaggeration, you'll be able to compete as early as S24. I just can't see a rookie QB competing for a title as a rookie, not without a stud RB to carry the load and a dominant defense. 

• Like 1

Just now, swoosh said:

Exaggeration, you'll be able to compete as early as S24. I just can't see a rookie QB competing for a title as a rookie, not without a stud RB to carry the load and a dominant defense. 

Yeah I agree. 

Better options for this season out there. I just don’t know how far Trevor would take me this season. So I’m happy to add to the future. 

But... right? Like, I'm starting to understand how this works, and don't think that every draft pick should be viewed in the lens of only S22. If you've got a player that'll be a near-elite weapon in 1-2 seasons, taking them in the 1st round is a good decision. (This is the same with Ja'Marr Chase, who I expect to explode this year.)

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Agreed. And I like his situation in Pittsburgh.

Players have different values to different teams, depending on the direction of the team. Same with tags. It's easy to see Najee being selected and round 1 and not liking it cause there are certainly RBs available who will be better in the sim than Najee this year, but it makes sense for Cou...Scoundrel. I like it. 

• Like 3

Just now, swoosh said:

Players have different values to different teams, depending on the direction of the team. Same with tags. It's easy to see Najee being selected and round 1 and not liking it cause there are certainly RBs available who will be better in the sim than Najee this year, but it makes sense for Cou...Scoundrel. I like it. 

I couldn't agree more. And that's my thing: S22 shouldn't be the only focus.

That's why I don't think drafting rookies that'll contribute immediately (and at a high level) is a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

But... right? Like, I'm starting to understand how this works, and don't think that every draft pick should be viewed in the lens of only S22. If you've got a player that'll be a near-elite weapon in 1-2 seasons, taking them in the 1st round is a good decision. (This is the same with Ja'Marr Chase, who I expect to explode this year.)

2 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Also allows me to see what Dobbins brings to the Sim this season as well.

• Like 1