Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In other words: I move Pitts to WR in NSFL?

But then he costs more to keep. It might work, the same thing has been done with Kelce and Kittle. Managers are struggling to find out how to get the most out of that asset 

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I mean, I don't care where the guy starts in NSFL. Pay an extra tag? Absolutely. If he explodes during the 2021 NFL season, and considering his clear upside, isn't that an immensely valuable asset?

In theory yes, but I would just encourage you to go back and look at Kelce and Kittle stats over the past couple season. They are really good but not the advantage you would hope for. Pitts is a unicorn though, so you draft him for the elite upside he possesses

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

In theory yes, but I would just encourage you to go back and look at Kelce and Kittle stats over the past couple season. They are really good but not the advantage you would hope for. Pitts is a unicorn though, so you draft him for the elite upside he possesses

Very interesting.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Very interesting.

I never had Kelce or Kittle but I had Waller after his breakout and another TE who used to be really good and his peak that I won't name because Bucs will literally melt and weep but I was always underwhelmed with the production I got. 

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I never had Kelce or Kittle but I had Waller after his breakout and another TE who used to be really good and his peak that I won't name because Bucs will literally melt and weep but I was always underwhelmed with the production I got. 

I haven't looked yet, and I will, but were any of those players listed as their WR1?

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I haven't looked yet, and I will, but were any of those players listed as their WR1?

Nope they were all at TE last season. There were years where Kelce and Kittle were WR2's. I'm not sure what seasons those were or who had them, but they are both back to being used as TE's

25 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In other words: I move Pitts to WR in NSFL?

Yes, the downside is, both TEs who this experiment were tried on (Kelce and Kittle), were failures, tbh

23 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

But then he costs more to keep. It might work, the same thing has been done with Kelce and Kittle. Managers are struggling to find out how to get the most out of that asset 

This is important for a new GM to know - HOWEVER, he CAN play him at WR in his rookie seasons as an experiment, still keep for 1 tag, and then ultimately play him at TE in the future for 2 tags... As long as you never have to KEEP him at 3 WR tags

23 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I mean, I don't care where the guy starts in NSFL. Pay an extra tag? Absolutely. If he explodes during the 2021 NFL season, and considering his clear upside, isn't that an immensely valuable asset?

Trust me.. Once your "potential keeper" list gets bigger and stronger, tag count starts to mean a LOT more than it does on a growth team

My personal opinion, if you can get +200 yards and +2 or 3 TDs over the average TE, then keep him at TE for 2 tags and be happy about it

• Like 3