The Pass "Rush" After 7 Games

TheOnlyThing

On 12/29/2017 at 11:39 AM, CWood21 said:

First off, you've still yet to answer my initial question and I suspect you will ignore it yet again.  What did Fackrell do in 2016 that indicated to you that there would be no development being made?  Is it unreasonable to believe that any former 3rd round pick would develop from Year 1 to Year 2?  If so, explain why.

As for not investing into the position, I'd argue that outside of TJ Watt which pass rusher that was available when the Packers picked did they miss on?  And even if you drafted TJ Watt with our original pick, you'd be here bitching about how the Packers ignored their CB position.  Something you'll conveniently ignore.  But let's go back to my exercise.  The only pass rushers drafted between the Packers 2nd round pick via trade down and their natural 2nd round selection were Tyus Bowser, Ryan Anderson, and Tanoh Kpassagnon.  Those three have a combined 3 sacks between the two of them.  Ironically, that's the same amount of sacks that Kyler Fackrell has.  Kyler Fackrell has as many sacks as Tyus Bowser alone has.  Let that sink in.  But let's also look between their natural 2nd and 3rd round picks.  You have Dawaune Smoot (0 sacks), Jordan Willis (1 sack), Daeshon Hall (0 sacks), Tim Williams (0 sacks), Tarrell Basham (2 sacks), and Derek Rivers (0 sacks, injured).  That's 3 sacks among 6 players.  There wasn't an EDGE available outside of TJ Watt that was going to change the complexion of our pass rush.  It's pretty clear you don't live in reality.

@TheOnlyThing

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I know you're not ignoring me @TheOnlyThing...

Ignoring you?

How could I ignore the poster who so correctly criticized Ted because "He's not very proactive about fixing issues," fails "too look outside the organization," has "got a bit too high affinity for guys he brings in as draft picks," and foolishly neglected the OLB position in 2017 because "neither Kyler Fackrell or Vince Biegel really inspire[d] confidence." 

I mean, you nailed it CWood and I give you all the credit in the world.

On 7/23/2017 at 10:44 AM, CWood21 said:

And that's definitely a knock against Ted.  He's not very proactive about fixing issues, he's more reactive.  And I get the wanting to try and fix the issues internally, but at some point you have to look outside the organization to help.  And I don't think it's necessarily an issue that he's not receptive to FA, I just think he's got a bit too high affinity for guys he brings in as draft picks.  I mean, neither Kyler Fackrell or Vince Biegel really inspire confidence after Clay and Perry.

Archived