Walking Dead season 8 (no comic stuff)

Malfatron

Morgan going ham was kinda corny. Overall, it went fast so I was entertained lol. Can't say it was anything memorable though. It was neat to see Morales at the end. Maybe he could turn out to be an ally after a while. All I know is, they have a whole lotta ammo. Who put in the cheat code?

Remember when this show had tension during dangerous scenes? Back when 6 walkers or 2-3 guys were a real danger?

Now everyone with a pistol is walking around nailing headshots and swatting aside walkers like they're mere inconveniences.

Seemed kind of obvious one of the gay couple were going to get popped this episode, the director did their typical schtick of focusing on them much more. Hell, for that same reason I think Ezekiel bites the dust next episode (thank god, he's such a tired character).

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Ezekiel is the same in the comics. People get annoyed with his "King speak" but thats how he is, I'm glad they didn't change him for the show.

OK well they're staying true to the character. I don't like it but if that's what it is then that's what it is lol. It just seems silly and juvenile to me and I'm surprised that they went that route in the comics. Maybe his actor just isn't portraying it well, I dunno. I do know that this season has at least been a breathe of fresh air after last season even though I can't say I'm excited for every show like I have been w/ FtWD. 

One thing that kinda bothered me is that we ended Ep1 w/ Gabriel and Negan and then never got back to them this episode. IMO, we should've got something w/ that based on how it ended.

6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

One thing that kinda bothered me is that we ended Ep1 w/ Gabriel and Negan and then never got back to them this episode.

They do this consistently and I know a lot of people gripe about it. Bouncing between character groups. Knowing TWD, Negan won't make an appearance until episode 4.

16 hours ago, cddolphin said:

They do this consistently and I know a lot of people gripe about it. Bouncing between character groups. Knowing TWD, Negan won't make an appearance until episode 4.

I know and I was hoping it'd be something they steered from. Would've been nice to have that dialogue inserted for even a few minutes instead of excess filler scenes of people shooting at each other. I get it seems like they're trying to overcompensate for last season's boringness but there were other flaws as well. This show is definitely going to take the back burner on Sundays now b/c Shameless is coming back.

So I'm finishing up season 7. And by god are Sasha and rosita dumb.

Legitimately have a perfect vantage point to take Negan out. But give up after 1 attempt because they couldn't get that great of a line of sight.

Legit could have just camped up there for a month awaiting for the perfect shot.

18 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Legitimately have a perfect vantage point to take Negan out. But give up after 1 attempt because they couldn't get that great of a line of sight.

Legit could have just camped up there for a month awaiting for the perfect shot.

Something I've learned watching TWD: just forget about any logical approach to small-arms tactics in the show. Ever since the Governor back in season 3 or 4 sent clumps of gunmen huddled together against people with access to explosives, it's been pretty silly. Remember when Carl was aiming at the Governor with a rifle and the person he was with said something like "No way you make that shot, it's 50 yards!!!" I kind of gave up.

This reared it's head again in S08E02, during the protracted shootout between the Saviours, that gay couple, and their squadron of filler characters.

The zombie genre badly needs an unrated series. Get on it HBO!!

57 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Something I've learned watching TWD: just forget about any logical approach to small-arms tactics in the show. Ever since the Governor back in season 3 or 4 sent clumps of gunmen huddled together against people with access to explosives, it's been pretty silly. Remember when Carl was aiming at the Governor with a rifle and the person he was with said something like "No way you make that shot, it's 50 yards!!!" I kind of gave up.

This reared it's head again in S08E02, during the protracted shootout between the Saviours, that gay couple, and their squadron of filler characters.

The zombie genre badly needs an unrated series. Get on it HBO!!

I just had to remind myself that this show is stupid. And doesn't use logic in any way shape or form.

Still though. It's seemingly written by a 12 year old. Hear the same about the comics. Glad I don't read them any more/don't follow this show as much as I used to.

Archived