2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My thoughts below: 

Round 1 - Easy pick with Zeke in in a non-PPR.  Shocked he lasted that long. 

Round 2 - I love the Hill pick.  I have him above Eckler as the WR1/2 and I would rather have the top WR than the 8th RB.  I can understand both thoughts but Hill scores a lot of points and its not all just TD based. 

Round 3 - I am not as high on Robinson. I would have taken Cee Dee there and been happy.  

Round 4 - I likely would have gone Sanders here.  I know people are down on him but I think he has a very good year and is a solid RB2.  In a non-ppr league, I would lean more RB early.  Even with CeeDee on the board, I would have went Sanders just to fill the starting spot and there are so many more WRs that can score 190 points than there are RBs. 

Round 5 - I love Pitts in dynasty but still nervous he struggles in year 1.  At that point its likely worth the risk as I see him more as a WR than TE and even if he has an average year for a rookie WR, thats a pretty good year for a TE. 

Round 6 - I don't like Davis, I have been down on him just because I don't think he is a great all around back, especially in non-ppr, but he is a solid pick at this point.  They didn't like any of the backs behind him and there is no real threat to steal carries unless he is really bad and they bring back Gurley or Latavious.  

Round 7 - I like the pick.  Having a top 10 QB is big IMO. QB is underrated IMO and after the top 10 you are talking a 40-50 point gap in points scored.  I think Stafford blows up this year in McVays system. 

Late Rounds - I like the picks, as I thnk Dillon steals TDs from Jones.  He is a solid flex matchup play and if there is an injury to Jones, he has huge value.  Williams is another solid grab.  I think the Lions will run a lot this year given Goff is average and they need to keep the D on the sidelines to protect them.  I think both he and Swift finihs with flex worthy numbers most weeks and if Swift goes down which isnt unheard of, he is a for sure flex RB2 option. Waddle isn't one of my favorite upside plays just because he has other talent around and rookies don't always show out early but he has upside for sure.  Worth the risk if you don't like other upside guys like Tyrell Williams (deep threat with no competition for targets which is good for non PPR leagues) or Callaway. 

Sanders burned me last year so that might’ve been a factor, i worry about the committee possibility and their offense isnt good. If he isnt a factor in the pass game late i just wonder how good he can be. Lamb/Arob were both alot higher on my board than Sanders but could be a board issue. T-Will and Callaway are long gone. I did manage to pick up Tony Jones Jr

So I had my big league draft last night.  Unfortunately I had a work event I had to go to so was trying to draft while chatting but I think it came out ok. I am going to lay it out like @JaguarCrazy2832 did for my thought process. 

Its a 16 team league. It was a keeper league but they didnt do it last year so reset it this year with no keepers but will have them going forward.  You can keep up to two players in the future but they cant be the same position. You lose the pick drafted in year one kept and two rounds higher the next year with a two year cap on keeping players.  You also can't keep any player drafted in the first three rounds. 

The settings are odd, you do not have to start a RB or TE. It is QB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/RB, WR/RB, K, DEF, IDP.  There is a .25 per completion with negatives for sacks for QBs.  .5 PPR with bonuses for first downs caught/ran,  and big play bonuses. 

I had the 10th pick. 

Rd 1 - Pick 10 - Davante Adams - WR is obviously more important in this league and I think Adams has another big year (second highest non QB in the league settings last year).  I passed on Barkley and  Eckler at RB and Kelce at TE who went in the next three picks.  I would have gone Kelce but given you don't have to start a TE, I think he loses a little value and becomes a WR which is still top 4, but not above Adams.  

Rd 2 - Pick 23 - Antonio Gibson - I was shocked he fell this far, especially in a .5 PPR league.  Ridley, Metcalf and Hopkins were all drafted just before this pick and I would have taken any of them over Gibson given the settings but I think Gibson has a big year this year and was happy to land him.  I do like having some decent RBs just because they tend to be more consistent week to week.  WRs I passed here were Jefferson, AJ Brown, McLaurin, and Waller.

Rd 3 - Pick 42 - Lamar Jackson - Josh Allen went before my second, Kyler went three picks before this and in a 16 team league, especially knowing these guys, QB is super important.  Given the bonuses for rushing and first downs, Jackson was an easy choice for me.  Between this and my next pick, Prescott, Rodgers, Wilson, Herbert, Brady, and Stafford were all drafted so I made the right move going QB here IMO.  

Rd 4 - Pick 55 - Adam Thielen - I was deciding between a few WRs (Jeudy, D. Johnson, and Thielen).  I went with IMO the safest choice and one I had rated higher than 55.  I like Jeudy's upside and given I can keep guys starting in this round should have gone Juedy but I typically like to find my keepers later so went with my gut. 

Rd 5 - Pick 74 - Mike Davis - I didn't love this pick but I think Davis has a good year in these settings.  I passed on guys like Golladay, Sutton, Kareem Hunt, and Javonte Williams (a keeper prospect but again, I like to keep later picks and had a plan). 

Rd 6 - Pick 87 - Deebo Samuel - I really like Deebo's upside and wanted to go WR here.  I had my starters set so drafting depth at this point and I tend to go WR heavy as you will see.  Brandin Cooks, Corey Davis and Chase Edmonds were others I considered here but I like the upside of Deebo more, especially with keeper potential. 

Rd 7 - Pick 106 - Laviska Shenault - As I said I go WR heavy.  Good keeper potential if he and TL have chemistry.  I would have drafted Lawrence here for keeper potential but he went just before me. Also considered Michael Carter but don't trust he sees the field enough after the preseason. 

Rd 8 - Pick 119 - Mike Williams - Again going WR heavy given the lean in settings.  I was hoping for Fields or Lance but both went just before this pick.  Could have grabbed Cousins or Zach Wilson and probably should have but oh well. The big mistake was I should have grabbed Mike Thomas here but forgot I had him in my queue.  He is a for sure keeper at this point for next year and we do have an IR spot in the mean time. 

Rd 9 - Pick 138 - Rhamondre Stevenson - This was a panic pick because I was in the middle of a conversation at the work event.  I like his keeper potential and wanted a young RB to carry just in case, potentially as trade bait even. 

Rd 10 - Pick 151 - JK Dobbins - We do have an IR spot as I mentioned and this was my dream scenario.  I had my choice of the damaged RBs in Akers, Etienne, and Dobbins and chose Dobbins.  I think he has the most talent and his injury is the easiest to recover from.  This was my last bench spot other than QB. 

Rd 11-14 - I picked up Wentz as my backup QB.  I like to carry a backup in a 16 man league and I missed out on the rookies.  Wish I would have gone earlier now with what is left upside wise in free agency but oh well, Wentz should be a fine bye week filler. I picked him out of Bridgewater, Garoppolo, and Goff.  I drafted Chase Young as my IDP but will likely drop him for a LB.  the Def and K don't matter and I'll stream just like I do IDP most likely. 

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

So I had my big league draft last night.  Unfortunately I had a work event I had to go to so was trying to draft while chatting but I think it came out ok. I am going to lay it out like @JaguarCrazy2832 did for my thought process. 

Its a 16 team league. It was a keeper league but they didnt do it last year so reset it this year with no keepers but will have them going forward.  You can keep up to two players in the future but they cant be the same position. You lose the pick drafted in year one kept and two rounds higher the next year with a two year cap on keeping players.  You also can't keep any player drafted in the first three rounds. 

The settings are odd, you do not have to start a RB or TE. It is QB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/RB, WR/RB, K, DEF, IDP.  There is a .25 per completion with negatives for sacks for QBs.  .5 PPR with bonuses for first downs caught/ran,  and big play bonuses. 

I had the 10th pick. 

Rd 1 - Pick 10 - Davante Adams - WR is obviously more important in this league and I think Adams has another big year (second highest non QB in the league settings last year).  I passed on Barkley and  Eckler at RB and Kelce at TE who went in the next three picks.  I would have gone Kelce but given you don't have to start a TE, I think he loses a little value and becomes a WR which is still top 4, but not above Adams.  

Rd 2 - Pick 23 - Antonio Gibson - I was shocked he fell this far, especially in a .5 PPR league.  Ridley, Metcalf and Hopkins were all drafted just before this pick and I would have taken any of them over Gibson given the settings but I think Gibson has a big year this year and was happy to land him.  I do like having some decent RBs just because they tend to be more consistent week to week.  WRs I passed here were Jefferson, AJ Brown, McLaurin, and Waller.

Rd 3 - Pick 42 - Lamar Jackson - Josh Allen went before my second, Kyler went three picks before this and in a 16 team league, especially knowing these guys, QB is super important.  Given the bonuses for rushing and first downs, Jackson was an easy choice for me.  Between this and my next pick, Prescott, Rodgers, Wilson, Herbert, Brady, and Stafford were all drafted so I made the right move going QB here IMO.  

Rd 4 - Pick 55 - Adam Thielen - I was deciding between a few WRs (Jeudy, D. Johnson, and Thielen).  I went with IMO the safest choice and one I had rated higher than 55.  I like Jeudy's upside and given I can keep guys starting in this round should have gone Juedy but I typically like to find my keepers later so went with my gut. 

Rd 5 - Pick 74 - Mike Davis - I didn't love this pick but I think Davis has a good year in these settings.  I passed on guys like Golladay, Sutton, Kareem Hunt, and Javonte Williams (a keeper prospect but again, I like to keep later picks and had a plan). 

Rd 6 - Pick 87 - Deebo Samuel - I really like Deebo's upside and wanted to go WR here.  I had my starters set so drafting depth at this point and I tend to go WR heavy as you will see.  Brandin Cooks, Corey Davis and Chase Edmonds were others I considered here but I like the upside of Deebo more, especially with keeper potential. 

Rd 7 - Pick 106 - Laviska Shenault - As I said I go WR heavy.  Good keeper potential if he and TL have chemistry.  I would have drafted Lawrence here for keeper potential but he went just before me. Also considered Michael Carter but don't trust he sees the field enough after the preseason. 

Rd 8 - Pick 119 - Mike Williams - Again going WR heavy given the lean in settings.  I was hoping for Fields or Lance but both went just before this pick.  Could have grabbed Cousins or Zach Wilson and probably should have but oh well. The big mistake was I should have grabbed Mike Thomas here but forgot I had him in my queue.  He is a for sure keeper at this point for next year and we do have an IR spot in the mean time. 

Rd 9 - Pick 138 - Rhamondre Stevenson - This was a panic pick because I was in the middle of a conversation at the work event.  I like his keeper potential and wanted a young RB to carry just in case, potentially as trade bait even. 

I lol'd at the "damaged RB" comment

Definitely an interesting starting lineup but I kind of like it because it doesnt force people to start garbage RBs and theres loads of WRs on waivers

LJax is great, I feel like Gibson shouldn't have been available at 23, thats a huge steal. I think you spelled out why I would've taken Jeudy, he has the upside to be a long-term keeper and Denver is in the Aaron Rodgers sweepstakes. Given its a 16 team league, you could do worse than Davis. I'm not a Deebo guy, I think he's clearly #3 in a run-first offense. I like the shots on Viska-M-Will-Stevenson. I like it