2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

I know its a bit early but post your draft result here and lets discuss our teams.

It also helps when discussing the teams to include how many teams, If Its PPR or not and what round you drafted a player in, and also how many points per tuddie.

This thread may get lost because it is so early but try and keep it mind when drafting.

Lets all have a fun year and good luck to everyone!

Edited by mattyice0401

Just got done with a draft, 10 man PPR league, 6 point tuddies, drafted 1st overall, Number in ( ) means the round I drafted them in, Multiple teams took 3 QBs and one team took 4 QBs so thats new, I also didnt draft a D/ST and a kicker because it is so early and injuries may happen.

What do you think?

QB T-Law (12)

RBs CMC (1), Akers (2), N. Harris (3), D. Harris (9), J. Conner (10), Jamaal Williams (14,) Ahmed (16)

WRs Evans (4), Lamb (5), Chark Jr (6), D. Samuel (8), Cooks (10), Beasley (13), Bateman (15), Mims (17), P. Campbell (18)

TE Hockenson (7)

Feeling I could easily drop Mims, Campbell or Bateman for a D/ST and a kicker when the time comes.

Edited by mattyice0401

On 6/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Just got done with a draft, 10 man PPR league, 6 point tuddies, drafted 1st overall, Number in ( ) means the round I drafted them in, Multiple teams took 3 QBs and one team took 4 QBs so thats new, I also didnt draft a D/ST and a kicker because it is so early and injuries may happen.

What do you think?

QB T-Law (12)

RBs CMC (1), Akers (2), N. Harris (3), D. Harris (9), J. Conner (10), Jamaal Williams (14,) Ahmed (16)

WRs Evans (4), Lamb (5), Chark Jr (6), D. Samuel (8), Cooks (10), Beasley (13), Bateman (15), Mims (17), P. Campbell (18)

TE Hockenson (7)

Feeling I could easily drop Mims, Campbell or Bateman for a D/ST and a kicker when the time comes.

WTH? 3-4 QBs? That's absurd. Even though I love Trevor it isnt ideal he is your starter but you have to take what they give you. 

I know less about PPR than not but your first 3 rounds are great even for a 10 team league and your depth. Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised that Akers and Harris were there are 20 and 21 but I guess I am? I suppose PPR leans on WRs more. Getting Hockensen is good because after the first 5 or so they are all the same. Evans isnt a big PPR WR but at round 4 you cant complain. Him and Lamb make a good 1-2 punch. I see no issues with the starting lineup and you have some solid potential plays

Seriously though, a draft in June? Is this for money? I'd be pissed if my 1st round pick blew out his knee before preseason even started

Did an auction Dynasty Start Up: 2 QB TE premium 10 teams.

Thoughts?

QB- Russell Wilson/Ryan Tannehill/Matt Ryan/Teddy Bridgewater 

RB- Nick Chubb/JK Dobbins/Chris Carson/Kareem Hunt/Devin Singletary/JD McKissic/Kenny Gainwell/Chuba Hubbard

WR- Chris Godwin/Keenan Allen/Tyler Lockett/Julio Jones/Devonta Smith/Gabe Davis/Henry Ruggs/Amari Rodgers

TE- George Kittle/Irv Smith/Pat Friermouth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

WTH? 3-4 QBs? That's absurd. Even though I love Trevor it isnt ideal he is your starter but you have to take what they give you. 

I know less about PPR than not but your first 3 rounds are great even for a 10 team league and your depth. Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised that Akers and Harris were there are 20 and 21 but I guess I am? I suppose PPR leans on WRs more. Getting Hockensen is good because after the first 5 or so they are all the same. Evans isnt a big PPR WR but at round 4 you cant complain. Him and Lamb make a good 1-2 punch. I see no issues with the starting lineup and you have some solid potential plays

Seriously though, a draft in June? Is this for money? I'd be pissed if my 1st round pick blew out his knee before preseason even started

Yeah it was a 25$ buy in pretty darn cheap but I wanted to do an early draft this year I dont know why though.

Yeah Thats why I went hard after RB and WR positions just in case of injuries, Id take Evans as a WR1 all day in standard or PPR so I was stoked to get him where I got him.

Yeah one guy draft Patty Cakes in the 2nd round and the same guy ended up taking Kyler Murray in the 4th round I believe, It appears to me he was drafting thinking about trades because right after the draft he sent me a trade request offering up Kyler and Adam Thielen for CMC I quickly turned that down. Its never a good strategy imo to draft  a player only to try and trade him later.

Kyle Pitts went in the 6th iirc which seemed early to me as I was trying to get him later in the draft.

T-Law I honestly dont mind as my QB1, I could seem him replicate Herbs season last year and T-Law is a heck of a better prospect and has achieved a lot more than Herbs has in college, I also like the Jags offensive weapons. If he flounders Im sure I could find a stopgap QB for a few weeks or expect a team that drafted 3 or 4 QBs to drop one.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Thoughts?

RB- Nick Chubb/JK Dobbins/Chris Carson/Kareem Hunt/Devin Singletary/JD McKissic/Kenny Gainwell/Chuba Hubbard

WR- Chris Godwin/Keenan Allen/Tyler Lockett/Julio Jones/Devonta Smith/Gabe Davis/Henry Ruggs/Amari Rodgers

I dont really know too much about dynasty leagues Ive never played in one but would like to try and join one at some point but just by looking at your team I like it, It looks like you have a good blend of young talent ie JK Dobbins, Gainwell, Godwin Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs and Irv Smith while also having proven talent like Chubb, Godwin, Allen, Kittle, and Julio, WIlson and Tanny God.

13 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah it was a 25$ buy in pretty darn cheap but I wanted to do an early draft this year I dont know why though.

Yeah Thats why I went hard after RB and WR positions just in case of injuries, Id take Evans as a WR1 all day in standard or PPR so I was stoked to get him where I got him.

Yeah one guy draft Patty Cakes in the 2nd round and the same guy ended up taking Kyler Murray in the 4th round I believe, It appears to me he was drafting thinking about trades because right after the draft he sent me a trade request offering up Kyler and Adam Thielen for CMC I quickly turned that down. Its never a good strategy imo to draft  a player only to try and trade him later.

I never understood why people do that...like they think they have leverage and they dont. They have 1 high priced player that will ride their bench every week and yea you can play matchups but that isnt fool-proof either. 

I get that it bodes will for you if enough bad decisions are made but it does suck for you as well because you would think you'd land a Top-12 QB in a 12 team league or so on but that never seems to be the case in my league. 

39 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I never understood why people do that...like they think they have leverage and they dont. They have 1 high priced player that will ride their bench every week and yea you can play matchups but that isnt fool-proof either. 

I get that it bodes will for you if enough bad decisions are made but it does suck for you as well because you would think you'd land a Top-12 QB in a 12 team league or so on but that never seems to be the case in my league. 

Exactly after he drafted Kyler people started giving him crap and said well I just got a top 20 or so player in the 4th round I will take that deal all day every day and in the back of my mind I was thinking well you arent going to be starting him over Patty cakes so that top 20 or so player will be sitting on your bench more often than not. point differential is so small when it comes to QBs that I never stress out about getting one of "the guys" last year I drafted Philip Rivers and ended up getting Herbs before he broke out and ended the year with Herbs and Jalen Hurts as my 2 QBs.

17 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Exactly after he drafted Kyler people started giving him crap and said well I just got a top 20 or so player in the 4th round I will take that deal all day every day and in the back of my mind I was thinking well you arent going to be starting him over Patty cakes so that top 20 or so player will be sitting on your bench more often than not. point differential is so small when it comes to QBs that I never stress out about getting one of "the guys" last year I drafted Philip Rivers and ended up getting Herbs before he broke out and ended the year with Herbs and Jalen Hurts as my 2 QBs.

I'm somewhere in the middle because I dont want to just assume I'll be able to find a Herbert on the waiver wire but I never want to pay a premium for Mahomes/Allen. 

I think in my league(6 points for all TDs) there are just 10 QBs I want and after that its just a mix of high-floor no ceiling and lower floor/high ceiling guys. I'm hoping to get someone in the Top-10 and hope 2 other teams are stuck with the rest. My difference between #5 and #10 is less than 1.5 PPG which is the same amount as 10 to 12 and another 1.5 PPG difference between 12 and 19

On 6/21/2021 at 8:01 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Thoughts?

What were the other 9 guys doing? LoL 

Looks pretty good. Your only real concern is TE depth. 

Edited by RTTRUTH

9 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

What were the other 9 guys doing? LoL 

Looks pretty good. Your only real concern is TE depth. 

Lol it was an auction so people went nuts at the start for players like McCaffrey, Kelce, Kamara, Mahommes, Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, Najee Harris, Derrick Henry etc. 

I finally opened up the wallet to get Chubb and Kittle but way lower than the guys above because people rage bid to win those top guys. 

I was one of the last people to win a player. So I was one of the last people to run out of money, so I was able to scoop up a ton of depth at really good bargains 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Lol it was an auction so people went nuts at the start for players like McCaffrey, Kelce, Kamara, Mahommes, Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, Najee Harris, Derrick Henry etc. 

I finally opened up the wallet to get Chubb and Kittle but way lower than the guys above because people rage bid to win those top guys. 

I was one of the last people to win a player. So I was one of the last people to run out of money, so I was able to scoop up a ton of depth at really good bargains 

In other words, it went exactly how you want your auction draft to go.

Your competition to be idiots early, leaving you with most of the talent

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Okay my team went like this! PPR year 1 Dynasty Draft Superflex No DEF NO K

1.9 - Saquon Barkley - 

2.1 - Trevor Lawrence

3 - Travis Etienne 

4 - Calvin Ridley

5 - DJ Moore

6 - Chris Carson

7 - Laviska Shenault

8 - Baker Mayfield

9 - Mike Davis

10 - Dallas Goedert

11 - Jarvis Landry

12) Hunter Henry -  13) Brandin Cooks 14) Jared Cook 15) Darnell Mooney 16) Rashaad Penny 17) Darrynton Evans

18) Gerald Everett 19) AJ Green 20) Derek Carr 21) Cam Newton 22) Jakobi Meyers 23) Gardner Minshew

1 minute ago, carl_sjunior said:

Okay my team went like this! PPR year 1 Dynasty Draft Superflex No DEF NO K

1.9 - Saquon Barkley - 

2.1 - Trevor Lawrence

3 - Travis Etienne 

4 - Calvin Ridley

5 - DJ Moore

6 - Chris Carson

7 - Laviska Shenault

8 - Baker Mayfield

9 - Mike Davis

10 - Dallas Goedert

11 - Jarvis Landry

12) Hunter Henry -  13) Brandin Cooks 14) Jared Cook 15) Darnell Mooney 16) Rashaad Penny 17) Darrynton Evans

18) Gerald Everett 19) AJ Green 20) Derek Carr 21) Cam Newton 22) Jakobi Meyers 23) Gardner Minshew

How the heck did Ridley fall to the 4th? Thats incredible to me. I get that its super flex but he should've gone first 2 rounds still I'd think

I like alot of the long-term moves for sure. Carson/Davis are more short-term depending on how much you believe in Davis. not sure you needed 4 TEs and 5 QBs especially in a smaller league, you want that 3rd/4th QB/TE to be a shot in the dark at RB/WR imo

How were you 1.9 and 2.1?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How the heck did Ridley fall to the 4th? Thats incredible to me. I get that its super flex but he should've gone first 2 rounds still I'd think

I like alot of the long-term moves for sure. Carson/Davis are more short-term depending on how much you believe in Davis. not sure you needed 4 TEs and 5 QBs especially in a smaller league, you want that 3rd/4th QB/TE to be a shot in the dark at RB/WR imo

How were you 1.9 and 2.1?

I feel like Ridley was super slept on. He isn't a big name and people probably don't realize what he did in Atlanta. I typo'd that btw. Lawrence was pick 2.2.

Yeah, it's weird drafting so many players, I didn't really have a game-plan beyond the first dozen or so picks. One of the TEs my draft glitched and I auto-picked him, so I took the TE I really wanted later, lol. So long as one of DJ Moore or Shenault break out, I should be fine. I really just picked a bunch of dudes I like haha.