Stephon Gilmore absent from mandatory minicamp

Sad People

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Reason to be concerned or is it due to his injury?

Little bit of both i'd imagine. There is a reason he has been brought up in trade discussions. I don't think you will find a Patriots fan who realistically thinks they will give him a lucrative extension. 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Little bit of both i'd imagine. There is a reason he has been brought up in trade discussions. I don't think you will find a Patriots fan who realistically thinks they will give him a lucrative extension. 

Does he want a new contact? Is that the reason for the holdout?

They need to rework contracts so that all (more than just the last year?) signing bonus from a contract is due back the moment a player holds out.

• I know that the full amount (33.5 million) would be extreme so maybe make it 2x the remaining bonus

Gilmore was paid 13 million a year over 5 years. He is now pretending that his compensation for 1/5th of that is 7.9 million.

Its 13 million + a no interest loan 4 years ago for the other 5.1 million on top of the 7.9 of this year's 13.  (its actually 6.7 per year over 5 + the 7.9 so its 14.6 this year)

• What's 4 years of compound interest on 6.7 million dollars? 2.5 million?

Anyone who says he is 'making 7.9 million' this year is not telling the whole story.

His real world 2021 compensation is something like 17.1 million + benefits

I am fine with him holding out if he is willing to pay back the 33.5 million bonus (or pay back 13.4) in hopes of a bigger deal.

When a team cuts a player at any point, the player keeps every penny of that bonus.

If they trade the player then they are on the hook for the full cap hit left on the bonus.

I'm not talking about anything unrealistic.

• Anyone break a lease on an apartment or leave a company before your stock has vested?
  • How about leaving a company too soon after getting a relocation fee and a signing bonus?

Just treat these players the same.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

What's 4 years of compound interest on 6.7 million dollars? 2.5 million?

Whew lad. The current Federal Funds Rate is .25%; so it more like $100k, no where near $2.5mm. Banks/CD's arent paying much more. You might be able to get closer to 1% in an insured fixed annuity, but you are still looking at under a half mil. 

Obviously a different story if you invested it; but that has inherent risks.

Edited by Matts4313

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Whew lad. The current Federal Funds Rate is .25%; so it more like $100k, no where near $2.5mm. Banks/CD's arent paying much more. You might be able to get closer to 1% in an insured fixed annuity, but you are still looking at under a half mil. 

Obviously a different story if you invested it; but that has inherent risks.

yeah, good luck getting anyone to loan you 6.7 million at a 0.25% rate.

Why the hell are you talking about savings accounts and Fed rates. I'm talking about actual reality.

Do you have a 0.25% mortgage? 👀 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

yeah, good luck getting anyone to loan you 6.7 million at a 0.25% rate.

Why the hell are you talking about savings accounts and Fed rates. I'm talking about actual reality.

Do you have a 0.25% mortgage? 👀 

You asked what the compounded interest rate on $6.7mm is. I am telling you what interest rates are for an individual that has $6.7m. If you take that into a bank, you are going to get a bank CD that is somewhere between .25% and .75% depending on term. 

How are you possibly confused about this?

PS: Finance & investing is my profession. So I am "talking about actual reality". What are you talking about?

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You asked what the compounded interest rate on $6.7mm is. I am telling you what interest rates are for an individual that has $6.7m. If you take that into a bank, you are going to get a bank CD that is somewhere between .25% and .75% depending on term. 

PS: Finance & investing is my profession. So I am "talking about actual reality". What are you talking about?

Assuming your agency(?) lends such high amounts, what is a general percentage range we'd be looking at on a $6.7 million loan to someone with good credit who qualifies?

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Assuming your agency(?) lends such high amounts, what is a general percentage range we'd be looking at on a $6.7 million loan to someone with good credit who qualifies?

We dont do loans. I was talking about investing the $6.7mm that the player already received years ago. That said, a person could do margin against their assets which would be roughly in the ~4% range. But thats not really applicable to the question in hand. 

On 6/14/2021 at 9:07 PM, Matts4313 said:

Why are you telling him a millionaire with professional investors is going to get .75% returns?

That is ridiculous.  They aren’t putting it into a checking account. 

Now NFL millionaires are different.  They lose their money with startling alacrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Why are you telling him a millionaire with professional investors is going to get .75% returns?

That is ridiculous.  They aren’t putting it into a checking account. 

Now NFL millionaires are different.  They lose their money with startling alacrity.

Thats not checking rate returns. That is Bank CD returns for a jumbo. Which is based on the federal funds rate. 

And again, I already pointed out that if you invested it (Stocks, MF, VA's, REITs, ETC) your return would potentially be higher, but that it comes with risk. Bank CD's are often referred to as the "Risk Free Rate" due to being federally insured and would be applicable to use as a base for Skippys question. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats not checking rate returns. That is Bank CD returns for a jumbo. Which is based on the federal funds rate. 

And again, I already pointed out that if you invested it (Stocks, MF, VA's, REITs, ETC) your return would potentially be higher, but that it comes with risk. Bank CD's are often referred to as the "Risk Free Rate" due to being federally insured and would be applicable to use as a base for Skippys question. 

But it's irrelevant because you aren't investing a 25 year old millionaire in bank CDs.   

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

But it's irrelevant because you aren't investing a 25 year old millionaire in bank CDs.   

Yeah, most those guys get caught up in some get rich ponzi scheme. But thats not really the point of the question, is it?