Criminal Minds - Town wins!

Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

MWil never killed anyone, he never had a successful move.. Josh killed Swag. You guys would have known that if you would have used your Cognitive interview ability on Swag. Admittedly, I did not expect "Mr.Scratch"/Bevis to never put in a move, which made Rossi's day move a little useless in your attempt to find him. 

They were meant for town with the slight "victim" advantage for scum. To be fair, actual lynches wouldnt have helped you either. But it seems this is the biggest area that needs tweaking. 

Better odds than that. It was 1/12 blind, or 1/1 on Malf/ Swag/any victim or any process of eliminations. For example, you could eliminate TK3/Jason/Other arrest + any one you stalked. 

Personally, I think your team didnt utilize your moves effectively. Nor did you do the point of the game - profile each person. But running the game again in the future, I do think there needs to be a balancing mechanic to increase the BAU's ability. I think changing the ratio and adding another team member (ability) would have helped. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Town had every incentive to lynch. I dont understand this logic at all. The scum team already knows you all are unsubs. The lynch was your way of giving yourselves a free clear. 

But it doesn't matter if we lynched. It didn't help us win the game in any way. BAU still arrests and we just needed to make it through N4. Don't give BAU info and lie low in thread 

MWil never killed anyone, he never had a successful move.. Josh killed Swag. You guys would have known that if you would have used your Cognitive interview ability on Swag. Admittedly, I did not expect "Mr.Scratch"/Bevis to never put in a move, which made Rossi's day move a little useless in your attempt to find him. 

They were meant for town with the slight "victim" advantage for scum. To be fair, actual lynches wouldnt have helped you either. But it seems this is the biggest area that needs tweaking. 

Better odds than that. It was 1/12 blind, or 1/1 on Malf/ Swag/any victim or any process of eliminations. For example, you could eliminate TK3/Jason/Other arrest + any one you stalked. 

Personally, I think your team didnt utilize your moves effectively. Nor did you do the point of the game - profile each person. But running the game again in the future, I do think there needs to be a balancing mechanic to increase the BAU's ability. I think changing the ratio and adding another team member (ability) would have helped. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Town had every incentive to lynch. I dont understand this logic at all. The scum team already knows you all are unsubs. The lynch was your way of giving yourselves a free clear. 

But town didn't need to eliminate scum.  They needed to survive and protect /hide 2 killers.  That seems really odd.  

The clear reduced the pool of suspects

@Matts4313 I love the premise of a setup with a time mechanic, day moves, night moves, and the moving parts! If you’re able to tweak it just a touch from a balance standpoint and maybe consider either a standard lunch mechanic or explaining the lack of one and what it’s supposed to accomplish (since it’s called a mafia game), I think you’re absolutely onto something a lot of fun here!

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

No

I think they assumed you did. At least thats what I guessed in the discord. They also didnt pick up on the fact that you basically claimed you replicated Orca and confirmed his role before the night. I was 100% you talking before the night moves locked was going to lead to them arresting you (and possibly winning) but for whatever reason they were convinced you were Frank. 

I didnt follow their logic, but I missed a lot of the conversation. 

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

But town didn't need to eliminate scum.  They needed to survive and protect /hide 2 killers.  That seems really odd.  

And that was my biggest “criticism” as well in that they had to go 2 for 4 and it almost encourages town silence, which in and of itself kills the game unfortunately 

• Like 1

Just now, The Orca said:

But it doesn't matter if we lynched. It didn't help us win the game in any way. BAU still arrests and we just needed to make it through N4. Don't give BAU info and lie low in thread 

That was key.  The only person we could remove from the pool was swoosh and swag, remove the ones we arrested its still 2 in 7 with no info to go on I think.  

I think they assumed you did. At least thats what I guessed in the discord. They also didnt pick up on the fact that you basically claimed you replicated Orca and confirmed his role before the night. I was 100% you talking before the night moves locked was going to lead to them arresting you (and possibly winning) but for whatever reason they were convinced you were Frank. 

I figured I’d absolutely just continue to meme and hide in plain sight :) 

Malf was convinced mwil killed swag and I concluded it was Frank based on the writeup 

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

It was 1 in 15 unless malf was really told he was abducted.  If not then no one knew they were a victim so it would actually be 2 in 16.   

I mean - it was in the night write up that one of you was abducted... You couldnt be abducted. So at worst it was 1 out of 3. Thats not including that @swoosh admitted in thread he abducted Malf. 

Additionally, I told you guys that you could do the CI on dead people. So it would have 100% worked on Swag as well:

"SSA David Rossi - Gopher - Cognitive interview. Once per day gives cognitive interview to a victim (watch or profile). If victim is dead, you obtain post mortem information."

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

@Matts4313 I love the premise of a setup with a time mechanic, day moves, night moves, and the moving parts! If you’re able to tweak it just a touch from a balance standpoint and maybe consider either a standard lunch mechanic or explaining the lack of one and what it’s supposed to accomplish (since it’s called a mafia game), I think you’re absolutely onto something a lot of fun here!

I think if it was extended to like 6 days (maybe 3 targets) and force a lynch it would be good. So no no lynches and no repeat lynches maybe 

@Matts4313

I think the town needs to have some skin in the game to survive and not get killed.   There was no incentive for them to find either the killers or BAU.   

some hidden mechanics with a no lynch being able to award BAU some additional info.  Perhaps some ratio of the no lynch vote or something along those lines.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean - it was in the night write up that one of you was abducted... You couldnt be abducted. So at worst it was 1 out of 3. Thats not including that @swoosh admitted in thread he abducted Malf. 

Additionally, I told you guys that you could do the CI on dead people. So it would have 100% worked on Swag as well:

"SSA David Rossi - Gopher - Cognitive interview. Once per day gives cognitive interview to a victim (watch or profile). If victim is dead, you obtain post mortem information."

It was meaningless bc I already determined from the night writeup that the killer was frank and I was right.  No need to confirm that 

7 minutes ago, The Orca said:

It would have helped town if it was utilized properly. You, for example, should have attempted to kill Malf N2 after Swoosh told you he was BAU. But you didnt use that information. 

The lynches didnt really give BAU information, it was primarily only for town. The only benefit BAU obtained was knowing if someone was a victim. 

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You didnt reduce your pool of suspects by not lynching though. Thats the big disconnect we are having here. Mafia already knew they had to arrest 2 of 11 people. That doesnt change with how many people were/werent lynched.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It would have helped town if it was utilized properly. You, for example, should have attempted to kill Malf N2 after Swoosh told you he was BAU. But you didnt use that information. 

The lynches didnt really give BAU information, it was primarily only for town. The only benefit BAU obtained was knowing if someone was a victim. 

You didnt reduce your pool of suspects by not lynching though. Thats the big disconnect we are having here. Mafia already knew they had to arrest 2 of 11 people. That doesnt change with how many people were/werent lynched.

It helped town bc the killers could do their thing if they flipped bau.  It was essentially meaningless to us 

Edited by Pickle Rick

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@Matts4313

I think the town needs to have some skin in the game to survive and not get killed.   There was no incentive for them to find either the killers or BAU.   

some hidden mechanics with a no lynch being able to award BAU some additional info.  Perhaps some ratio of the no lynch vote or something along those lines.  

Agreed. I need to tweak the lynch set up.

I, personally, thought we would have a lot more deaths just in regards to moves. Mr. Scratch missed his nightly kill. His role was awesome - he could take control of any player in the game (excluding pickle) and force them to kill anyone in the game - once per a night. 

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

It was meaningless bc I already determined from the night writeup that the killer was frank and I was right.  No need to confirm that 

I mean, yeah, but the scum team could have figured out the abductors werent scratch/replicator by day 2 if you would have used Rossi on Malf.