Official Training Camp Thread - Starts 7/24!

6 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I agree

I just always like to keep an objective view of the team 

And that was the only real weakness I could see on the team. Not necessarily because of the players, but because even with these same players, we were getting torched early on in the year with the scheme we were playing. It wasn't until the playoffs that Bowles figured out how to use them correctly. 

Now that Rodgers is back in Green Bay I only see them as real challengers in the NFC. Also Seattle if their defense steps up a little bit. I don't think the Rams are all that.

Another year of being ALL IN BABY

True. And the Bucs match up well against the Packers. Rodgers struggled against our pressure on both occasion, not to mention that he has not been clutch in the playoffs for a while. 

All the other NFC teams have question marks. 

18 hours ago, ravishingone said:

PR is fawning over Darden.  Actually suggesting Johnson s spot on the team could be in jeopardy.  I have a hard time believing Johnson would be cut considering Brown and Godwin are going to be UFAs.  However, there is belief Darden is not the next Kenny Bell.

0% chance TJ's roster spot is in jeopardy. Not after what he showed last year in limited role and his big time catches in playoffs.

I like Darden as much as anyone else, but this isn't even game action we're talking about. 

• Like 1

Trask seems to be struggling 

I didnt expect to have him light it up but it is kind of annoying when we could have had a pick that could have contributed more.

* I should also say that I was probably the biggest Trask supporter after we picked him 

I hope he gets a lot of reps in preseason and does better

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Everything i’ve read has said our rookies have been good. All 3 will have a role at some point this year.

Trask hasn’t impressed but it usually takes time for QBs to get it under BA. Hope they give him a lot pre season burn.

Yea you're right 

I'm just anxious already 😂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's sounding more and more like AB is gonna be our WR1 this year. Maybe not on the depth chart but in terms of targets.

GM Brady might have brought in the RB1, TE1 and WR1 all for bargain prices. That's hilarious when you think about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

My only concern on the depth chart is ILB.  Slow and more slow with the reserves.  Wouldn t mind a late preseason addition to a vet looking to ring chase.  No idea who that could be.

Cockrell has been killing it at safety. CB depth might be a concern as well.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Cockrell has been killing it at safety. CB depth might be a concern as well.

Could be. but if any team gets to CB5 on the depth chart, they are screwed anyway.   Realistically, they have 3 slot CBs on the roster right now- SMB, Cockrell, and Winfield.  I guess they could look to improve depth outside.  Miller and Wilcox have an important 3 games and scrimmage coming up.