2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

50 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

if you look in the right (read: wrong) places of the internet you’ll find pistons fans saying we don’t need ivey because we already have saben lee

Don’t need Chet cause you have Luka Garza 

• Like 2

If the Pistons are able to acquire Ayton via S&T for Grant and land Jaden Ivey, Troy Weaver deserves a ton of praise. When he took over the team really lacked any real identity and had minimal talent. Cade/Ivey/Ayton would be one of the best young trios to build around in the league.

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Pistons are able to acquire Ayton via S&T for Grant and land Jaden Ivey, Troy Weaver deserves a ton of praise. When he took over the team really lacked any real identity and had minimal talent. Cade/Ivey/Ayton would be one of the best young trios to build around in the league.

This wouldn’t be anything worth complaining about but I don’t love the idea of giving Ayton a max deal.  Bagley played really well with Cade once he came over I’d prefer to keep him on a cheaper deal, draft Ivey or Sharpe and stay patient.  

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

This wouldn’t be anything worth complaining about but I don’t love the idea of giving Ayton a max deal.  Bagley played really well with Cade once he came over I’d prefer to keep him on a cheaper deal, draft Ivey or Sharpe and stay patient.  

Ayton is probably the most realistic "star" acquisition that you can make and the best piece that you can potentially get back for Grant. You guys are rebuilding and don't have any big contracts on the books anyway so it doesn't make a huge difference financially for you. He's one of the best and most consistent bigs in the league with room to grow, imo, he'll be 24 next season and fits in with your timeline. He played a key role in the Suns getting to the finals so I also think he'd help your group as they try to learn what it takes to win together. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

So basically expect to hear smokescreens leading all the way up to the draft and then Jabari, Chet, and Paolo to go top 3. The draft starts with Sacramento at #4 but I think they'd prefer to trade the pick. I don't really know what they could get for it though, reportedly they want to push for the playoffs this year. 

9 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

i agree that maxing ayton would be an overpay and i go back and forth on if it's worth having your cap tied up in a center, but bagley is literally never going to be a starting center in the nba

36 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

i agree that maxing ayton would be an overpay and i go back and forth on if it's worth having your cap tied up in a center, but bagley is literally never going to be a starting center in the nba

If the Pistons would've drafted Chet #1, then it's worth swapping Grant for Ayton. 

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I think that would be foolish.  Barley is nothing valuable.  Ayton is one of the best young bigs in the league and is vastly under utilized.  His max isn’t much more than what Grant makes next year and would be a solid addition.  We have cap space and his PnR with Cade with an Ivey and Bey on the wings would be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think that would be foolish.  Barley is nothing valuable.  Ayton is one of the best young bigs in the league and is vastly under utilized.  His max isn’t much more than what Grant makes next year and would be a solid addition.  We have cap space and his PnR with Cade with an Ivey and Bey on the wings would be fun to watch. 

he'd actually be making at least $12 million more than grant, which is definitely not nothing

2nd to the last mock I will do.  Last mock will be on Draft Day.  I think the last one I did I only did the lottery.  I'm going to expand this one and the last one to the entire first round. 

1. Magic-  PF Jabari Smith Jr.

2. Thunder-  PF/C Chet Holmgren

3. Rockets- PF Paolo Banchero

4. Kings-  PG/SG Jaden Ivey

5. Pistons-  SG Shardon Sharpe

6. Pacers- PF Keegan Murray

7.  Blazers-  SF AJ Griffin Jr.

8. Pelicans- SG/SF Ben Mathurin

9. Spurs- C Jalen Duren

10. Wizards-  PG/SG Dyson Daniels

11. Knicks-  SG Johnny Davis

12. Thunder- C Mark Williams