Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Scoundrel and you look very bad right now.  You can't drop lying in protection of scoundrel and scroundrel went crazy frantic when pushed.  Pretty obvious something is up there.  

So, your votes have been Nacho, Nacho, Nacho, Hokie, but you think Scoundrel and I are scum? Interesting.

57 minutes ago, Raves said:

That's sort of my thinking and why I didn't like the lines the past few days either.  They were all too easy so I figured scum jumped on them somewhat early.  I wouldn't be surprised scum let town put 3 votes on one town and then joined in with another town to put 3 votes on another town while the real scum aren't getting much attention at all.  Easy way to try to setup a lose-lose.

It is interesting.. now that we know all of those votes were between town and town.. it actually makes sense that scum kind of disassociated with each other for those votes

Actually kind of makes me suspect TL/Scoundrel as a pair of scum hiding apart, then when the numbers came close they started pushing as a unit

2 hours ago, Tk3 said:

It is interesting.. now that we know all of those votes were between town and town.. it actually makes sense that scum kind of disassociated with each other for those votes

Actually kind of makes me suspect TL/Scoundrel as a pair of scum hiding apart, then when the numbers came close they started pushing as a unit

Yikes. You’re going to lose this one if you believe that. But I don’t care anymore. Go ET or I’ll just laugh as we lose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Yikes. You’re going to lose this one if you believe that. But I don’t care anymore. Go ET or I’ll just laugh as we lose.

3 hours ago, Tk3 said:

I would be honored... honored... if Scoundrel and I pulled that off. If he spent D1 trying to outwardly save a confirmed scum, then I spent days trying to get him killed. Like, nothing subtle... everything as loud and obnoxious as possible. Can you just imagine?

If you remaining town actually feel that Scoundrel and I are capable of this, by all means... flatter us both and vote us out. That absolutely none of the town in this game picked up on it, and we fooled everyone. 

It's just not what happened, and believing otherwise - and handing the game to ET/Pickle/Orca - will be a deserved loss.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I would be honored... honored... if Scoundrel and I pulled that off. If he spent D1 trying to outwardly save a confirmed scum, then I spent days trying to get him killed. Like, nothing subtle... everything as loud and obnoxious as possible. Can you just imagine?

If you remaining town actually feel that Scoundrel and I are capable of this, by all means... flatter us both and vote us out. That absolutely none of the town in this game picked up on it, and we fooled everyone. 

It's just not what happened, and believing otherwise - and handing the game to ET/Pickle/Orca - will be a deserved loss.

You tried to get Scoundrel killed?

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

You tried to get Scoundrel killed?

Yep. Repeatedly during D2, after Scoundrel fought openly to try and save Josh (scum). I was convinced that this was clear scum behavior.

swoosh advised that it was just something that Scoundrel does to try and save friends early in the game. swoosh also pointed out how Pickle's subtle attempts to push the vote off of Josh were actual scum tells. I'm too new to notice it real time. swoosh is not.

I miss swoosh.

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yep. Repeatedly during D2, after Scoundrel fought openly to try and save Josh (scum). I was convinced that this was clear scum behavior.

swoosh advised that it was just something that Scoundrel does to try and save friends early in the game. swoosh also pointed out how Pickle's subtle attempts to push the vote off of Josh were actual scum tells. I'm too new to notice it real time. swoosh is not.

I miss swoosh.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, bcb1213 said:

Nacho - 5 - jason,  TL2, Pickle, Dome,  Orca

Matts - 6 - Nacho, squire, Scoundrel, Raves, swoosh, tk3

Scoundrel - 1 - ET

jason - 1 - Hokie

Raves--1-Matts

8 to eliminate 

Day ends in 2 minutes!

Think about how these games usually go: is scum loud and obnoxious in their hunt? Do they give their vote away to someone else after lynching another town? Do they do odd and boldly strange things that could be considered scum?

Or do they lurk in the shadows, cautiously pushing votes and narratives before disappearing? Do they jump on the same vote lines, or routinely throw votes away to avoid the perception that they're voting together?

I mean... ET claimed that he hadn't even opened his role PM for days. If/when he wins, the joke will be on everyone else.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:55 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Thought this exact thing. Went back to look, came across your (Scoundrel) posts of support for Josh and got distracted.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Another good one from this man (Scoundrel) right here.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If I don't survive the night, please vote this guy (Scoundrel) next. We had lots of interactions last game and these feel completely different. That, combined with his staunch support for Josh, should make him an obvious target.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:24 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Really quality reads here.

I think Scoundrel and Nacho are no-brainers "tomorrow".

On 8/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, I think the next decision is pretty clearly between two: 

Not only was Scoundrel a staunch Josh defender, he was pushing no vote for much of yesterday.

Interestingly, Nacho has done his best to try and pull attention away from Scoundrel, even claiming that he's getting "town reads" from Scoundrel, and lumping him in with me. Even better, Nacho voted Josh early just to jump off of Josh at the end.

Lastly, when Josh knew he was the target, he shifted his vote to... Nacho. He was clearly trying to mask Nacho on his way out.

Me going after Scoundrel and Nacho will likely make me their target, but it is what it is. I think it's pretty clear.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:05 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

One thing I think is pretty strange...

... is how anyone could be sure that Scoundrel is town. An objective person looking at this would have to assume that the guy strongly defending the guy that was confirmed as being scum isn't cleared in any way. And it wasn't just a "maybe we should vote for someone else...", but a "this guy is town, I have his back, voting for him is a wasted vote" stuff. He just can't be cleared right now.

Unless you have a reason for wanting him to appear that way.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:38 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think that makes lots of sense. (Although I'm a sucker for a good gif.)

I think Scoundrel is pretty clear. Lets see if Nacho follows suit.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:14 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't think you (Nacho) would, assuming you're town. I also don't see how Scoundrel is that read. The closer you tie yourself to him after he tried repeatedly to save Josh just makes you look more and more questionable.

I also think Josh's last actions were telling: he did what he could to try and go after you. It seems clear to me that it was a way of distancing you from the rest of them.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just gonna leave this stuff here for a bit. (Quote chain of Scoundrel trying to save Josh D1.)

On 8/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

But why is it easy? Because he (Scoundrel) didn't just question the Josh votes, but fought hard to keep people from voting for him, who was discovered to be scum? I mean, if it's easy, it's easy for a reason.

Josh voted for Nacho. Nacho voted for Josh, then moved his vote off of Josh at the last second. Nacho has then tried (hard) to pull the heat off of Scoundrel.

It wasn't a secret. I'm new, a bit slow, and actually thought that blatant behavior like this was a scum tell. It just... isn't. It's too bold.

Now, Pickle quietly and carefully trying to shift the conversation away from Josh D1? Makes far more sense.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It wasn't a secret. I'm new, a bit slow, and actually thought that blatant behavior like this was a scum tell. It just... isn't. It's too bold.

Now, Pickle quietly and carefully trying to shift the conversation away from Josh D1? Makes far more sense.

But after D2 you completely ignored your read of Nacho and Scoundrel without much of a change in the game or your reasoning