Dotson+Green+Turner

mwalker

7 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Green’s pass blocking worries me against powerful DTs at least early on and Turner worries me in space. 

I hope Turner and Dotson can help Green a bit with some of the bigger DTs. Green will get it eventually, though. He's weightroom strong enough, he just needs to get his play strength up. 

8 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Green’s pass blocking worries me against powerful DTs at least early on and Turner worries me in space. 

Whoever we put on the line is going to have concerns around them.  Its unavoidable.

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I could do without Trai Turner.  Not going to lie, I'm kind of hoping him and Joe Haeg end up getting cut. I'd rather see Coward start at G opposite Dotson

No one who has actually watched Coward this preseason would make this statement tbh and Haeg has looked more than fine as a 4th OT outside of 1-2 plays. 

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I could do without Trai Turner.  Not going to lie, I'm kind of hoping him and Joe Haeg end up getting cut. I'd rather see Coward start at G opposite Dotson

Maybe Finney, but I want no part of Coward playing. Give Turner more than 1 game and a handful of practices. He may be trash, but give him a chance to prove it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

No one who has actually watched Coward this preseason would make this statement tbh and Haeg has looked more than fine as a 4th OT outside of 1-2 plays. 

I don't actually disagree with you but I have absolutely no faith in Turner in space. Haeg, no thanks. He has looked good against talentless players in preseason. When he goes against legit players in the regular season he will get murdered just like he did in TB imo

Just now, wwhickok said:

I don't actually disagree with you but I have absolutely no faith in Turner in space. Haeg, no thanks. He has looked good against talentless players in preseason. When he goes against legit players in the regular season he will get murdered just like he did in TB imo

1. If Haeg is going against legit players in the regular season that means 2 of Banner, Chuks, or Moore have gone down and we are likely screwed anyways. We could do much worse in a 4th OT. 

2. I’m not sure I understand your logic. Turner may be bad in space but at least he’s strong and can hold the POA against bigger D Lineman. Coward has been AWFUL, there’s some plays I watch and wonder how he’s still on an NFL roster. He looks completely lost. And you want to cut Turner, who by reports has provided some veteran leadership as well (and costs us nothing) for a fringe NFL player to start in his place?

42 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

1. If Haeg is going against legit players in the regular season that means 2 of Banner, Chuks, or Moore have gone down and we are likely screwed anyways. We could do much worse in a 4th OT. 

2. I’m not sure I understand your logic. Turner may be bad in space but at least he’s strong and can hold the POA against bigger D Lineman. Coward has been AWFUL, there’s some plays I watch and wonder how he’s still on an NFL roster. He looks completely lost. And you want to cut Turner, who by reports has provided some veteran leadership as well (and costs us nothing) for a fringe NFL player to start in his place?

That's all very fair points and a good rebuttal 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2021 at 6:23 AM, mwalker said:

I'm betting they'll be powerful monsters inside by early season.
I'm more worried about the edges. But those three can be huge.

This is off line that gets us back to smash mouth football… and don’t sleep on banner at RT I see big running lanes for najee

• Like 2

From the sounds of it were going an inside zone blocking scheme, which is Turners strength. Green might get used in pass blocking the way that Pouncey was and he’s the help blocker. I think we’ll see Green be the pull guy like Pouncey too in order to aid with the size concern. 

Remember with Green: he’s only played the senior bowl at OC, all his Illinois games have been at OG. He’s still learning how to snap and get off to a block at the same time. 

• Like 1