Dotson+Green+Turner

mwalker

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

now if they could only get Munchak back to coach this OL

Maybe Klemm grows into a really good one. I've really liked what I've seen so far. Maybe he won't be Munch, but he could be Russ Grimm. 

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also random aside on OL stuff:

Remember how Tevin Jenkins was heavily rumored? He just had back surgery and there’s a rumor in Chicago the fear is it’s degenerative. 

Yikes

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Also random aside on OL stuff:

Remember how Tevin Jenkins was heavily rumored? He just had back surgery and there’s a rumor in Chicago the fear is it’s degenerative. 

Tough break for the “Steelers are idiots for taking a RB in round 1 crowd” out there. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Tough break for the “Steelers are idiots for taking a RB in round 1 crowd” out there. 

I would’ve took Darrisaw had he fell to the Steelers...Jenkins seems to be a RT/IOL type of guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFF said:

I would’ve took Darrisaw had he fell to the Steelers...Jenkins seems to be a RT/IOL type of guy.

Yea I would have been happy with Darrisaw in the 1st and Trey Sermon in the 2nd. Then use the 4th we spent on Moore to address TE. But other than Najee being a beast who will impact our offense dramatically from Day 1, there simply was no value at O-Line when we picked, that was always my biggest push pack on the “Steelers HAVE to take O-Line in the first” argument and Jenkins injury just proves that further.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yea I would have been happy with Darrisaw in the 1st and Trey Sermon in the 2nd. Then use the 4th we spent on Moore to address TE. But other than Najee being a beast who will impact our offense dramatically from Day 1, there simply was no value at O-Line when we picked, that was always my biggest push pack on the “Steelers HAVE to take O-Line in the first” argument and Jenkins injury just proves that further.

Colbert openly stated how deep the draft was at OL...we shoulda payed more attention to that cause Colbert and Co. don’t do smokescreens draft wise.

Im more surprised they went so Offense heavy rather than not going OL til rd3.

I still think the draft played out exactly how they viewed it going. Maybe they were surprised they got Freiermuth in the second, but other than that I fee like they went in knowing exactly what they would get and got them. 

Najee, immediately our starting running back
Freiermuth, personally I think will be top 5 in his first few years and getting loads of 1 reps
Green, was immediately taking snaps as a 1
Moore is immediately pushing for more responsibility (working with the 1's today spelling Banner at RT). 

Add in a ST/upside value at ILB, a DE they really loved and liken to Cam, a S modeled after Sutton and what he could do for a dime defense, and a Punter.... We will see what they become, but I think they got the exact players they went shopping for. With how they traded a 4th to get a 5th for Loudermilk, makes me actually wonder if they really were surprised by 'Muth and may have taken Green there and bumped their whole board down a round.....it's a working conspiracy theory I am making up right now. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Tombert has been knocking drafts out of the water lately.

I fell starting with the Shazier pick Tomlin has had much more input in the process. 

I’ll give an interesting one: I know a guy that works PNC/HF turf management and he said the grass has been much shorter since then helping then play faster. 

Tomlin takes some necessary risks in the draft with player like Shazir.  High SPARQ athletes who might be trainable as football players.  While I can't complain about who they took but, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is going to be the Shazier of this last draft.  I do wish they had a chance to get him.