Bojack Horseman mafia: Mafia wins!

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

See look, you all made the bodyguard claim, now I will save him so he protects me for the remainder of the game.

I was actually going to promise town (as empty as that promise may be) that I'll protect sanchez from this night forward. That gives town a two-fer: 1) if scum tries to hit sanchez, I die anyway, which keeps sanchez alive, and 2) any other roles we have aimed at aiding sanchez can branch off to different things.

Of course, if you aren't sure if I'm town, keeping me alive would be idiotic, and my death does confirm that a scum roleblock exists. I don't have hard feelings either way, and, if my name wasn't the name today, I'd be voting for that other person all the same.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I was actually going to promise town (as empty as that promise may be) that I'll protect sanchez from this night forward. That gives town a two-fer: 1) if scum tries to hit sanchez, I die anyway, which keeps sanchez alive, and 2) any other roles we have aimed at aiding sanchez can branch off to different things.

Of course, if you aren't sure if I'm town, keeping me alive would be idiotic, and my death does confirm that a scum roleblock exists. I don't have hard feelings either way, and, if my name wasn't the name today, I'd be voting for that other person all the same.

Who did you protect up until this point each night?

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ok MWil

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Who did you protect up until this point each night?

No one. (Well, myself, but I can explain.)

N1, I knew nothing about town or abilities and the such, so dying to protect an unknown seemed like a waste this early.
N2, I made the wager that sanchez would not be hit, so I - again - protected myself. I also didn't know exactly how powerful sanchez's ability was at this point, so I would rather save that... save... for someone else later.

Why myself? Well, I don't fully understand all of the possible Mafia moves, but, if scum has an ability that activates or gets stronger after a successful night kill, hitting me with the ability targeting myself would prevent that ability from activating/getting stronger. (I wouldn't have died to their hit, but my ability.)

I just didn't foresee this coming to light this early, and was hoping for some majestic mid-late game sacrificial save in a clutch moment.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, I know that there's absolutely no reason for anyone to believe me. I'm clearly the right vote here. I just figured I'd get it all out in the open before I'm banished from the thread.

This post doesn’t help you.  Neither does this general sentiment, or your previous post.

You’re burying yourself.  Stop doing that.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

This post doesn’t help you.  Neither does this general sentiment, or your previous post.

You’re burying yourself.  Stop doing that.

You're being a bit harsh on him, he's arguing for his life. 

I'm still voting for him but c'mon, let's humor him a little. 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

You're being a bit harsh on him, he's arguing for his life. 

I'm still voting for him but c'mon, let's humor him a little. 

Nah. I've already said that I shouldn't be saved. (Forge alluded to as much with his ability as the game moves forward. Those instances happen.)

Not only is my ability situational, and results in my death anyway, but voting me will prove that there's a scum roleblock. That's crucial information at this point in the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No one. (Well, myself, but I can explain.)

N1, I knew nothing about town or abilities and the such, so dying to protect an unknown seemed like a waste this early.
N2, I made the wager that sanchez would not be hit, so I - again - protected myself. I also didn't know exactly how powerful sanchez's ability was at this point, so I would rather save that... save... for someone else later.

Why myself? Well, I don't fully understand all of the possible Mafia moves, but, if scum has an ability that activates or gets stronger after a successful night kill, hitting me with the ability targeting myself would prevent that ability from activating/getting stronger. (I wouldn't have died to their hit, but my ability.)

I just didn't foresee this coming to light this early, and was hoping for some majestic mid-late game sacrificial save in a clutch moment.

Nah. You are too smart and you would have asked host for clarification if you really thought protecting yourself was a worth while move. 

TT

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I am (drumroll)... Gina Cazador. I have never seen the show. I don't know why that name would hold significance, if it does.

I don't want to metagame with it too much, I don't think Gina would be a mafia role but I don't think Mr. Peanutbutter would either. I can see how the role fits the character though?