Week 8 GDT: @ Philadelphia Eagles - Where blowouts happen

Forge

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

Or Hyde could sit in the flat he had no reason to keep striving toward the sideline after the ball was thrown. I’ve notice Hyde doesn’t really adjust his routes to the ball in the air. 

Um, why wouldn't he going towards the sideline? It made all the sense in the world to get out of bounds there. Stop defending that garbage pass. 

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Or Hyde could sit in the flat he had no reason to keep striving toward the sideline after the ball was thrown. I’ve notice Hyde doesn’t really adjust his routes to the ball in the air. 

This doesn't make any sense...I don't want him sitting in space...I want him already moving with momentum and speed to try and break that out. If he's sitting there in the flat, it's a pointless play, he basically gets what he got with the awful throw. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This doesn't make any sense...I don't want him sitting in space...I want him already moving with momentum and speed to try and break that out. If he's sitting there in the flat, it's a pointless play, he basically gets what he got with the awful throw. 

And look at the damn time remaining. Like there was zero reason for him sitting in the flat there. Beathard is just horrendous with his accuracy. I'm cringing every time he throws a damn screen pass thinking of the worst lol.

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

When the ball is in the air you adjust your route how does that not make sense?

Because his momentum is already going to the sideline. How exactly do you want him to adjust there? This isn't like the other 3rd down pass that Hyde should have caught. Stop overthinking this, it was just a terrible pass. 

I’m not defending the throw...it was weak but there are absolutely times when a guy needs to adjust his route especially in the flat when there’s that much open space to make a single guy miss. The clock doesn’t matter, adjust to the pass thrown that’s it

Archived