CFB Week 1 Game Thread

ramssuperbowl99

I don't have any particular horse in the Sam Howell draft stock fight, but I don't know what you want him to do tonight. Carolina's offensive line is getting worked at the line of scrimmage and he no longer has that great stable of skill position players he had last year to get open quickly. 

While we're on the subject, Carolina's defensive line is getting worked too.  Top 10 ranking definitely premature.

1 minute ago, fraziafraze07 said:

I don't have any particular horse in the Sam Howell draft stock fight, but I don't know what you want him to do tonight. Carolina's offensive line is getting worked at the line of scrimmage and he no longer has that great stable of skill position players he had last year to get open quickly.

I mean, Howell has been sacked like 75 times in his career already so part of it is his OL and the other part is processing the play. I don't see a NFL QB when I watch him. He'll be fine as a back-up but I'm not investing a #1 in him. There are like 5 or 6 other QBs in this potential class I'd rather have.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, Howell has been sacked like 75 times in his career already so part of it is his OL and the other part is processing the play. I don't see a NFL QB when I watch him. He'll be fine as a back-up but I'm not investing a #1 in him. There are like 5 or 6 other QBs in this potential class I'd rather have.

He definitely holds the ball too long at times.  I don't think you can fault him that much for it tonight.  In this case, I think it has less to do with processing and more to do with his receivers not getting open often enough.

3 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

He definitely holds the ball too long at times.  I don't think you can fault him that much for it tonight.  In this case, I think it has less to do with processing and more to do with his receivers not getting open often enough.

One of the sacks was on him not recognizing the blitz. Sure, the OL and WRs aren't doing him many favors but this isn't a one game thing for me, personally. I've just never seen it with him. Hope he proves me wrong tho!