MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

Time for Simpson to step up and never give that job back. Ravens run defense was no where near what they usually have been. Worry about Simpson with pass blocking think he can hold his own run blocking. 

Really like the Good/Leatherwood combo on the right side in the run game think that’s where they would want to run behind.  

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's also old. Simpson looked good against Denver, hoping he can stack some good games. I've heard Madibuike is a load and obviously so is Calais Campbell. If our interior offensive line sucks, we 100% lose this game.

Good week 1 to see if all my doomer posting about Andre James was valid or not

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Good week 1 to see if all my doomer posting about Andre James was valid or not

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's also old. Simpson looked good against Denver, hoping he can stack some good games. I've heard Madibuike is a load and obviously so is Calais Campbell. If our interior offensive line sucks, we 100% lose this game.

Brandon Williams is one of the best NT's in the league and the Ravens blitz more than any team in the league. It will be sink or swim for Andre James week 1.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Brandon Williams is one of the best NT's in the league and the Ravens blitz more than any team in the league. It will be sink or swim for Andre James week 1.

Yep. I dont want any excuses for him. He’s here to replace Hudson. If he isn’t at least average, it’s a front office failure.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep. I dont want any excuses for him. He’s here to replace Hudson. If he isn’t at least average, it’s a front office failure.

James may be a good player for us but I think Gruden/Mayock put a lot of pressure on him with that extension. James contract has to be the biggest in NFL history for an undrafted player with 1 career start. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

James may be a good player for us but I think Gruden/Mayock put a lot of pressure on him with that extension. James contract has to be the biggest in NFL history for an undrafted player with 1 career start. 

That's whatever. 4 mil a year is peanuts. But even giving him the job is a lot of faith all things considered. Especially because we took a fat cap hit to trade Hudson.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's whatever. 4 mil a year is peanuts. But even giving him the job is a lot of faith all things considered. Especially because we took a fat cap hit to trade Hudson.

Yeah I mean the extension honestly looked like Gruden/Mayock panicked when Hudson asked to be cut/traded and they wanted to seem like that was their plan the whole time. 

Hudson's play may have declined but he was still one of the best centers in the league and the anchor for our OL. 

Edited by NYRaider

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yea spotlight is on the oline only one I’m really familiar with is Miller and good the other 3 are ? Marks. If cable guy is a guru it will show Monday night. 

• Like 1