Week 1: Jaguars @ Texans - A new era begins

pwny

21 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This is good news.  Hopefully this means they'll be back, and at least getting some good solid practice time in, working together.  For a while, before the game.

I guess the advantage of bringing back the exact same starting OLine, is that these guys theoretically know each other pretty well and already have experience playing together.  But still...new system, with i'm sure, plenty of new wrinkles to work together on and smooth out the chemistry as a unit.

29 minutes ago, pwny said:

Hopefully Trevor gonna eat. 

Think he was out regardless but yeah, should be a good game as far as getting your feet wet.

Still worried about Tyrod just because of his mobility and our issues with mobile QBs in the past. We’re mosty rid of a lot of those guys that were on those defenses but still.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Think he was out regardless but yeah, should be a good game as far as getting your feet wet.

Still worried about Tyrod just because of his mobility and our issues with mobile QBs in the past. We’re mosty rid of a lot of those guys that were on those defenses but still.

Do I need to remind u how we handled taysom hill in the preseason?  

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

With all of the changes to the defense, both schematically, and personnel-wise...i'm actually not terribly worried about Tyrod running all over us.  Which is nice.  Hopefully that's the case.

I'm more worried that he's going to be largely contained, but have time to sit back there and actually uncork a few big janky ones at really backbreaking moments.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, .Buzz said:

It looks like we're pretty thin at the guard position.  Ben Bartch is listed as the backup on both the right and left sides.  I hope that doesn't come back to bite us, especially when considering that Cann has missed time in the preseason.  Hopefully we have someone capable we can bring up if necessary.

Reminder that these rules are carrying over to 2021 from 2020:

• Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.
  • Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

& I believe that active rosters are 47-48 (48 in the event at least 8 are OL, which I imagine we'll meet barring injury)

The first rule, for example, is also how the Patriots are able to get away with only 1 QB on their 53-man roster as they'll just elevate a QB from the practice squad during gameday every week (likely Hoyer). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Reminder that these rules are carrying over to 2021 from 2020:

• Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.
  • Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

& I believe that active rosters are 47-48 (48 in the event at least 8 are OL, which I imagine we'll meet barring injury)

The first rule, for example, is also how the Patriots are able to get away with only 1 QB on their 53-man roster as they'll just elevate a QB from the practice squad during gameday every week (likely Hoyer). 

Reminder urban didn't protect 4 guys that he could as well.