Week 1: Jaguars @ Texans - A new era begins

pwny

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Some more clips or Trevor being off on some of those too. Definitely a very “rookie” game.

Yeesh. Grades back up what he was saying about Cann.

Like I said though, 52 drop backs from Trevor and I expect more of the same. That isn’t this OLs strength.

Did anyone think that it looked like Trevor was starting to look a little worn down toward the end of the game.  All those drop backs and hits seemed to take their toll on him physically and mentally, and his accuracy seemed to be affected as the game wore on. 

I don't think this is something to worry about.  It is just another thing that Trevor and every rookie will have to adapt to in the transition from college to the NFL.  This is a tough league to play in, but Trevor is certainly up to the task.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He flashed imo, but yes, he’d beat his man and just whiff/look like a deer in headlights when he did.

I just don’t get it.

One thing I noticed about Chaisson is that he was getting into the backfield, which is a positive compared to last season, but he needs to remember that when he gets back there, he needs to make the tackle if it turns out to be a run play.  There were two or three plays yesterday where he got good penetration into the backfield, but the running back just went right by him without his even trying to make the tackle.  While it's great that he seems to be becoming a better pass rusher, he just needs to be a complete player and make that tackle for a loss when he gets the chance.  Plays like that can be as big of a drive killer for opposing offenses as a sack.

13 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Is that really interesting though? We have 3 TEs and a guy who isn’t up to speed yet. And none of them are really any good. 

I’m still not really sure how much we can glean about the importance/role of TEs for Urban, when the personnel just isn’t there to justify it. 

Some coaches might try to just force it anyway, and that might tell you something. But kind of downplaying the position, in this case, could be about a philosophical de-emphasis on the spot, or it could simply be about trying to work the roster to the players you’ve got. Or something in between. Or just scattered and inadequate game planning manifesting in another aspect. 

• Like 2