Week 1: Jaguars @ Texans - A new era begins

pwny

Marvin Jones having that great body control to adjust to the ball is going to be such a great weapon for Trevor though. He loves throwing a guy open and sometimes that requires some contortion for the receiver, and just the incredible difference in the way that Chark adjusted to balls vs the way Marvin did was night and day. I would not be shocked at all if Marvin ends up with a career high in catches by a significant amount as Trev gains trust in him making those catches.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

To be fair, it doesn’t help with the play calling we had yesterday either. This OL is much better run blocking than pass blocking, we all know that. The guy who carried our offense last year had what, 5 carries? 

Can’t abandon the run that early. It was within reach until the 3rd quarter.

Looked like they abandoned the run on the plane ride to Houston.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Marvin Jones having that great body control to adjust to the ball is going to be such a great weapon for Trevor though. He loves throwing a guy open and sometimes that requires some contortion for the receiver, and just the incredible difference in the way that Chark adjusted to balls vs the way Marvin did was night and day. I would not be shocked at all if Marvin ends up with a career high in catches by a significant amount as Trev gains trust in him making those catches.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

He was wide open on that TD to Manhertz as well. Like wide open lol

He was such a steal at the price we got him.

Some more clips or Trevor being off on some of those too. Definitely a very “rookie” game.

Yeesh. Grades back up what he was saying about Cann.

Like I said though, 52 drop backs from Trevor and I expect more of the same. That isn’t this OLs strength.

3 hours ago, pwny said:

It also doesn’t help that seemingly every time they ran the ball early on, they ended up getting called back for holding and then started a series behind the chains. 

Yeah. I don't really blame the coaching staff for the run/pass imbalance yesterday because situationally, it makes sense why it was imbalanced.

I still think a couple of those holds were very questionable calls. which, normally I wouldn't hold (ha) onto because it happens, but it sucks when there's an inconsistency to what is or is not going to get holding called in the game and it sucks when it's happening to our team and then the next series I see Chaisson getting held right in front of the QB and nothing is called