Week 1: Jaguars @ Texans - A new era begins

pwny

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Trevor had some misses and rookie mistakes clearly. Seems like Lovie cooked up some veteran savvy looks and took advantage.

Think he’ll be fine and give us plenty of winning opportunities, but if the receivers and defense don’t wake the hell up soon it’s going to get ugly fast.

the # of drops and undisciplined nature of the offense really surprised me.

1 other positive to take out of today though is that the OL seemed to hold up for the most part when it came to actual protection. Just can't have 200 penalties from them and have every 10+ yard run called back due to holding lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

it's garbage time, but nobody told the Texans that considering they were playing up to the line and blitzing haha

Yeah, wasn’t exactly your tradition prevent/keep everything in front of you defense you usually get.

It’s empty but I’ll take it.

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

the # of drops and undisciplined nature of the offense really surprised me.

1 other positive to take out of today though is that the OL seemed to hold up for the most part when it came to actual protection. Just can't have 200 penalties from them and have every 10+ yard run called back due to holding lol

I’ve seen some people talk poorly on the OL for today but I didn’t see many issues either. Of course it wasn’t perfect but most of the issues were as you mentioned, drops/being very undisciplined along with not taking care of the football.

Protection was largely fine.

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Trevor had some misses and rookie mistakes clearly. Seems like Lovie cooked up some veteran savvy looks and took advantage.

Think he’ll be fine and give us plenty of winning opportunities, but if the receivers and defense don’t wake the hell up soon it’s going to get ugly fast.

Yeah.  Of all the things to worry about out of this, Trevor is not one of them for me.  There will be mistakes.  He's not gonna be perfect, as a rookie playing his first game.  But the flashes were very definitely there, and it didn't look "too big for him" or anything of the sort.

It's all the other lack of preparation and discipline stuff for the team as a whole that's like...yikes.

They have an opportunity to make a big course correction here for the next game.  It's just one game.  Learn from it, do better.  Get things on the rails and let's go.  But if they can't turn that stuff around for next week, this definitely could get ugly and start to really pile on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charles said:

Well, adjusting expectations to just wanting to see weekly progress.   Most disappointing to me was the defense, which looked worse than a season ago.

The whole unit was super undisciplined. That was the issue for me.

Gotta be cleaned up. The talent on that unit is higher than what we saw today.

4 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

if you're talking about the Dallas game I think you're talking about, you're truly a bad omen lol

Probably the one. Was like 40-7.

But I don’t get the blame for that, because we were dismantled by KC the week before. 

28 minutes ago, pwny said:
35 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

if you're talking about the Dallas game I think you're talking about, you're truly a bad omen lol

Probably the one. Was like 40-7.

But I don’t get the blame for that, because we were dismantled by KC the week before. 

But speaking of omens though, if the Texans are good, its probably my fault

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

But speaking of omens though, if the Texans are good, its probably my fault

I don’t think they’re going to be good.

Wouldn’t shock me if they end up winning a few more games though. Tyrod has shown he can do some things in this league and the teams full of vets.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I don’t think they’re going to be good.

Wouldn’t shock me if they end up winning a few more games though. Tyrod has shown he can do some things in this league and the teams full of vets.

I don’t think so either. But the Cubs were a middling team in 2015, I went to Wrigley for the first time and then they went 15-1 starting with that game, won a playoff series, and were elite for a while. The Cowboys were 2-3 and looking like they were going nowhere before I went to Jerryworld. They went 7-3 after that and won a playoff game.

So we’ll see how far my luck extends.

• Like 1