•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, D82 said:

No, that's fair.

Williams does seem to be a guy who could develop into a talented pass-rusher, and if they take him in the 2nd he'd be a good selection. 

IMO, his ceiling is higher than that.

Interesting fact: Williams ran a 4.46 40. He’s the heaviest edge player to ever run a sub-4.5 at the combine. Travon Walker and JaDeveon Clooney are the only two heavier edge player to run a sub-4.55. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

No f'ing thank you!!!

Enough with the bargain basement, damaged goods, next year's champs players.

Didn't we learn ANYTHING from Jaylon Smith???

I do my think anyone wants to spend a remotely valuable pick on him. It’s just a bummer. Seems like a good player at a position of need.

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I do my think anyone wants to spend a remotely valuable pick on him. It’s just a bummer. Seems like a good player at a position of need.

I’d still throw a 5th or 6th at him, even knowing that he’ll be out all year. He’ll be on IR, so he won’t take up a roster spot, but we’d have his rights. To me, that’s worth the gamble.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

No f'ing thank you!!!

Enough with the bargain basement, damaged goods, next year's champs players.

Didn't we learn ANYTHING from Jaylon Smith???

Jaylon Smith’s biggest issue was mental, more so than physical. He simply couldn’t diagnose plays at all, which led to him looking flat footed and ending up completely out of position because he was late on the play.

• Like 1

Settling in on a short of 4 players I love at #24: Kenyon Green, Zion Johnson, Treylon Burks, Jermaine Johnson

Everyone else falls into one of these categories: they won’t be available (Cross, Gardner, Penning), Dallas won’t take them (Davis, Williamson, Wyatt), I view them as a backup options (Karlaftis, Dean, Lloyd, Linderbaum, Hill, Olave) or I don’t like them at all (Raimann)

Who else should be on the short list? 

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Settling in on a short of 4 players I love at #24: Kenyon Green, Zion Johnson, Treylon Burks, Jermaine Johnson

Everyone else falls into one of these categories: they won’t be available (Cross, Gardner, Penning), Dallas won’t take them (Davis, Williamson, Wyatt), I view them as a backup options (Karlaftis, Dean, Lloyd, Linderbaum, Hill, Olave) or I don’t like them at all (Raimann)

I still think that Linderbaum is/should be on the short list, but I'm right there with you on the rest of the list.

I also think that Travon Walker should be on the short list, but I'm not certain that he'll be available.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

I still think that Linderbaum is/should be on the short list, but I'm right there with you on the rest of the list.

I also think that Travon Walker should be on the short list, but I'm not certain that he'll be available.

I definitely consider Travon Walker in the “won’t be available” category. If he is, run to the podium.

I love Linderbaum. If we take him, I will definitely convince myself that it was an amazing selection. But clear-headed, right now, I do think his physical limitations are a problem.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You don’t think Dallas will take Williams? Why is that? I agree with the DTs, but hope we’re wrong for once and Dallas goes against history.