•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Anyone here of this guy?

Under 6 foot 3 TE from Maryland who is fast but got a heart condition after COVID that almost forced him to quit back in 2020. Could he move to FB and be an all around offensive chess piece?

@Nextyearfordaboyz you’ve study a ton of guys, has he been on your radar at all?

First I’ve heard of him.

On 3/25/2022 at 6:56 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Settling in on a short of 4 players I love at #24: Kenyon Green, Zion Johnson, Treylon Burks, Jermaine Johnson

Everyone else falls into one of these categories: they won’t be available (Cross, Gardner, Penning), Dallas won’t take them (Davis, Williamson, Wyatt), I view them as a backup options (Karlaftis, Dean, Lloyd, Linderbaum, Hill, Olave) or I don’t like them at all (Raimann)

Who else should be on the short list? 

I would not be unhappy with either Zion or Green. If those are gone Linderbaum is not a bad choice though low chance he is still there.  Would we go Olave or Burks. Do we take a chance on WR Pickens...  I really want to improve our OL this draft ...  Will Smith last tell 56...  how about Max Mitchell or Kinnard in the second round also......  I would hesitate waiting past the second for OL.  

4 minutes ago, quiller said:

I would not be unhappy with either Zion or Green. If those are gone Linderbaum is not a bad choice though low chance he is still there.  Would we go Olave or Burks. Do we take a chance on WR Pickens...  I really want to improve our OL this draft ...  Will Smith last tell 56...  how about Max Mitchell or Kinnard in the second round also......  I would hesitate waiting past the second for OL.  

I wouldn’t force a pick at any position. But it does seem like they’ll be hunting for a left guard early. 

16 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They will not sucker me in. They will not sucker me in. They will not sucker me in. They will not sucker me in. They will not sucker me in. They will not sucker me in. 

Guess who just got suckered in?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m skeptical the Cowboys would draft a player from Chattanooga at #56, but Cole Strange very much fits what they want at guard a lot more than a guy like Kinnard. If you are considering guard prospects in round 2.

Didnt we pretty much tip our hand that we are going with that DE early (round 2 sounds like a reasonable guess)? The one Quinn spent an entire day with and compared to Parsons? 

Edit: This guy -

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/players/3120990/sam-williams/

Edited by Matts4313

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Didnt we pretty much tip our hand that we are going with that DE early (round 2 sounds like a reasonable guess)? The one Quinn spent an entire day with and compared to Parsons? 

Edit: This guy -

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/players/3120990/sam-williams/

I think he’s probably a prime target, but there have been players in the past that we’ve spent a ton of time on but didn’t draft (Joejuan Williams, Zach Baun, Jay Ajayi come to mind). Plus, he could get drafted before #56. I don’t think you can write off OL in round 2.

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Unless a stud WR falls (could happen!) in the second, I’m okay waiting a bit. 

If the team walks away with OL in the 1st and someone like Pickens in the 2nd, I'm ecstatic. 

• Like 1