•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

45 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think, moving forward in general, WRs are going to become the hot draft commodity each year outside of QB. With the rules being what they are, and more offenses adjusting to allow these young guys opportunities to perform early, that position’s overall value is going to increase. So, it wouldn’t shock me at all if both Wilson and Olave go top 10.

37 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think, moving forward in general, WRs are going to become the hot draft commodity each year outside of QB. With the rules being what they are, and more offenses adjusting to allow these young guys opportunities to perform early, that position’s overall value is going to increase. So, it wouldn’t shock me at all if both Wilson and Olave go top 10.

We’ll see, I’m skeptical. We’ve yet to really see it play out in the draft where WRs get pushed up the board in the first round. The opposite has been true, actually.

There are forces an both sides. How much veterans cost and how important quality pass catchers are to an offense, is pushing them up. But pushing them down is the sheer amount of talent coming out at the position in recent years (all the best athletes are playing WR growing up, now), and the quality of player you can get on day 2.

I think someone sitting there in the top-10 would be reasonable to decide that George Pickens or Christian Watson in round 2 could wind up as the best receiver in the class, but there won’t be an Evan Neal/Sauce Gardner/etc equivalent.

14 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They’ve drafted a defensive tackle on day 2 in the 3 consecutive drafts…

Yeah, really the only position we don’t value in the draft is QB, of all spots. Longest 1st round drought on the team is QB. It’s also the 2nd longest 1st round QB drought in the league, with potential to be the longest drought in about a month if the Saints go QB at 18

52 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah, really the only position we don’t value in the draft is QB, of all spots. Longest 1st round drought on the team is QB. It’s also the 2nd longest 1st round QB drought in the league, with potential to be the longest drought in about a month if the Saints go QB at 18

Definitely don’t think that would have been the case if we hadn’t stumbled into Romo and Dak. They tried to do it with Paxton Lynch.

Anyone else feel like Dean is going to fall?there will be teams who take him off their board because of his size, md there will be teams scared off from him not working out. All you have to go by is his tape, which is fantastic. But off ball LBs aren’t a premium position, and I can easily see him sliding into the 50’s come draft day. 

Sign me up for a draft that starts with:

1. Zion/Green/Linderbaum

2. Dean

3. Pierce/Bell

4. Sam Williams

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Anyone else feel like Dean is going to fall?there will be teams who take him off their board because of his size, md there will be teams scared off from him not working out. All you have to go by is his tape, which is fantastic. But off ball LBs aren’t a premium position, and I can easily see him sliding into the 50’s come draft day. 

Sign me up for a draft that starts with:

1. Zion/Green/Linderbaum

2. Dean

3. Pierce/Bell

4. Sam Williams

Dean falling to #56 is more realistic than Williams in the 4th, IMO.

Dean is a stud. That’s be amazing to nab him in round 2. But I won’t hold my breath. He’s too good, despite his limitations.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dean falling to #56 is more realistic than Williams in the 4th, IMO.

Dean is a stud. That’s be amazing to nab him in round 2. But I won’t hold my breath. He’s too good, despite his limitations.

Yea you’re right, maybe the 4th is a reach for Williams. But he’s got the off the field crap that might take him off or drop him significantly on some boards. Obviously this is a dream type scenario, but I’ve seen crazier things in the draft. So I’ll never say never.

40 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Yea you’re right, maybe the 4th is a reach for Williams. But he’s got the off the field crap that might take him off or drop him significantly on some boards. Obviously this is a dream type scenario, but I’ve seen crazier things in the draft. So I’ll never say never.

Non-prototype linebackers tend to fall a bit. Nick Bolton last year was a perfect example. And I think Teams can talk themselves into passing on Dean.

Pass rushers get a lot of grace. Frank Clark, with similar concerns, fell to the bottom of round 2. Williams may tumble slightly more, but not by a lot.

I don’t think Dallas would risk trying to let him drop into the fourth round. They may not even let him drop to the third. But if we actually do get him in the 4th, we party. That’d be a massive prize.