•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

31 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I’m not convinced we force a CB pick. Joseph barely played last year so the other three CBS are still around. Plus we have Wright who was a top 100 pick. 

Not saying I don’t want a CB. But we could walk away without spending a premium pick and I wouldn’t blink. 

This. And Wright played fairly well when he was able to get playing time last year if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I’m not convinced we force a CB pick. Joseph barely played last year so the other three CBS are still around. Plus we have Wright who was a top 100 pick. 

Not saying I don’t want a CB. But we could walk away without spending a premium pick and I wouldn’t blink. 

42 minutes ago, D82 said:

This. And Wright played fairly well when he was able to get playing time last year if I recall correctly. 

I’m not saying “force” a pick. But it 100% has to be a serious consideration.

1 year ago, we were thirsty AF for a new starting cornerback, and devastated that we missed on Surtain/Horn. If the only difference for Dallas today is Nahshon Wright, then we need to seriously consider drafting one again.

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m not saying “force” a pick. But it 100% has to be a serious consideration.

1 year ago, we were thirsty AF for a new starting cornerback, and devastated that we missed on Surtain/Horn. If the only difference for Dallas today is Nahshon Wright, then we need to seriously consider drafting one again.

I also think "only" isn't fair. Diggs, Brown, and JLew all improved and developed. No one saw our defense playing as well as it did so this is very much one of those 'rising tides lifts all boats' situations.

One of the top 2 CBs falls to Dallas I think we should be players. I'd love another stud. I also am not convinced another 2nd or 3rd round pick is going to immediately start either. Maybe? 

What I will agree with is CB is a much bigger need in the long term than the short term. 

10 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I also think "only" isn't fair. Diggs, Brown, and JLew all improved and developed. No one saw our defense playing as well as it did so this is very much one of those 'rising tides lifts all boats' situations.

One of the top 2 CBs falls to Dallas I think we should be players. I'd love another stud. I also am not convinced another 2nd or 3rd round pick is going to immediately start either. Maybe? 

What I will agree with is CB is a much bigger need in the long term than the short term. 

Boy, I don’t think I agree at all.

I don’t know anything about this CB class. But I know that, without Joseph, #2 CB is equally a concern for me as it was in 2021.

33 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
47 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Boy, I don’t think I agree at all.

I don’t know anything about this CB class. But I know that, without Joseph, #2 CB is equally a concern for me as it was in 2021.

Im going with TO7 on this one. Our DBs, all of them including the safeties, played much better than expected when we were panicking last year. I dont think losing our 4th/5th (depending on where you slot him vs Wright) CB is going to cater our season. Its not a short term concern, imo. It is a long term concern though as we cant keep paying our #2 and #3 CBs ~$5m a year and expect they will stick around. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im going with TO7 on this one. Our DBs, all of them including the safeties, played much better than expected when we were panicking last year. I dont think losing our 4th/5th (depending on where you slot him vs Wright) CB is going to cater our season. Its not a short term concern, imo. It is a long term concern though as we cant keep paying our #2 and #3 CBs ~$5m a year and expect they will stick around. 

I definitely expected Joseph to be the #2 CB this year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

To be clear, I was also hopeful that he would progress to a starter this year. 

All I am saying is last years starters are still on the team and the defense played really fine with them. The current situation isn't going to stop me from landing a stud, and I am concerned about the long term position viability, but I see larger more immediate holes for this season. 

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

To be clear, I was also hopeful that he would progress to a starter this year. 

All I am saying is last years starters are still on the team and the defense played really fine with them. The current situation isn't going to stop me from landing a stud, and I am concerned about the long term position viability, but I see larger more immediate holes for this season. 

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you.

Before this news, I literally did not expect us to legitimately consider cornerbacks in the top 100. I viewed it as just about as likely for us to take a running back with one of those picks.

Now, I very much plan to study the CBs who might be available at #24 and #56. It isn’t going to take a freak faller for me to go CB in the top-100 anymore. If a CB is ranked at/near the top of our board when we pick, I now very much expect we’d be willing to take him (save Kelvin being cleared of wrongdoing)

Are we on the same page, or different pages?

11 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
47 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree. At a minimum, I thought 700 snaps. 

Anthony Brown was too good last year to lose his job. Especially since he did it primarily at LCB the whole season.