•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you.

Before this news, I literally did not expect us to legitimately consider cornerbacks in the top 100. I viewed it as just about as likely for us to take a running back with one of those picks.

Now, I very much plan to study the CBs who might be available at #24 and #56. It isn’t going to take a freak faller for me to go CB in the top-100 anymore. If a CB is ranked at/near the top of our board when we pick, I now very much expect we’d be willing to take him (save Kelvin being cleared of wrongdoing)

Are we on the same page, or different pages?

I am on board with drafting a CB over a RB.  Right now I see a huge drop off of talent in CB after our top in Diggs, Brown, JLewis and Joseph.   I hope Joseph starts by earning it rather then Brown and JLewis falling backwards.   Wright is not ready to get meaningful game minutes at this point.  With Brown most likely out the door after next year we need the next guy up NOW to get ready for next year.  This to me doesn't have to be a top 100 but should be in the 4th to 5th round area.  Right NOW I hope our top 100 are in the  OL, Wr, LB and Edge group, a group we need a starters from.  But yes also I do see Safety as a higher priority then CB as well it is just that generally you get way more value drafting CB then you do Safety.  Some of this in my mind is just how well Kearse does taking Neals role as a hybrid LB/S.   I am okay with Wilson and Hooker as starters but will Hooker be able to play a full season.  The drop off after those ....    I just wonder if Joseph shows he can be CB no 2 on the edge after Diggs, that leaves JLewis in the slot and Brown in the CB/S hybrid roll in some packages 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Are we on the same page, or different pages?

I'll say same book, different chapters.

• I view OL, DE, and WR as priorities. To define higher priorities I view it as we need a rookie to see significant snaps.
  • I see CB much in the same as TE or S. A stud could be an immediate impact player, or we can draft a developmental role. The distinction here is while I think TE and S can be okay going forward, I don't think CB has long-term viability. 
  • After I see LBer and DT. 
  • Then a little further down is HB. This is on the same level as QB.

I can easily see a CB drafted (early or later) not get much or any playtime at all (barring injury). 

Edited by Texas_OutLaw7
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

• I view OL, DE, and WR as priorities. To define higher priorities I view it as we need a rookie to see significant snaps.
  • I see CB much in the same as TE or S. A stud could be an immediate impact player, or we can draft a developmental role. The distinction here is while I think TE and S can be okay going forward, I don't think CB has long-term viability. 

I can easily see a CB drafted (early or later) not get much or any playtime at all (barring injury). 

With the news on Joseph I put CB on the same level now as DE...  My list is OL, WR first then DE, CB as next tied. I would put LB/S just after DE/CB.   Then I would say MORE OL...   I would love if 6th round is Kicker.

56 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I’m thought I was as big a proponent of using need to influence your boards as anyone. But this is way too narrow an approach for my liking.

CB has become a big enough need that I’m not jumping an inferior guard over the CB, just because I think I may have a more immediate snaps available.

14 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I wouldn’t call him a 2nd round talent due to a lack of burst and top end speed, but he’s a very nice player. As I’ve shared before, he’s Marion Barber, but with more stamina; a power back who will beat you up between the tackles. I’m 100% on board with drafting him in the 4th or later if he’s available, but ‘d have reservations with picking him sooner. That said, all of you know that I’m not a big advocate of drafting RBs with high picks. I like mid-round RBs.

Dameon Pierce is another player I really like at RB.

Edited by plan9misfit

19 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

1 prospect down…

Andrew Booth is a baller. There’s health stuff that needs to be investigated. I wonder if that might stop Dallas if they haven’t been able to do their homework. But the player on the field is easily worth #24.

And Kaiir Elam to the list.

Booth and Elam are both very much in to mold of cornerback that Dan Quinn loves. They are both and versatile, with a ton of experience in different types of coverage.

If these two had been in the 2020 class, my preference ranking order would have been:

Booth, Diggs, Terrell, Elam. Similar story on all—#17 would be a little rich for my taste, but picking mid-20s I’m very interested. (And if one falls to the 50s, like Diggs, then giddy up)

21 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am fascinated by some of these rankings. 

Oh look. A guy propping up a bunch of guys just to look different so he can say “I told you so” if some of his “rankings” hit. How original. Did he take that queue from Chris Simms and his nonsensical crap?