Week 8: Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

Just now, Tony7188 said:

Would you take Josh Rosen over Kirk Cousins? 

I don't think we'll be in position for Rosen. I also believe Bruce Allen has the reverse-Midas/"poop finger." Anything he touches turns to crap.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

For those of you clamoring for Cousins to be gone, realize the guy in charge of finding his replacement is the guy who traded three 1sts and a 2nd for a run first, shotgun “QB” with previous knee injury history.

Oh we’re screwed I have no doubt about that!!! But he also shouldn’t be able to give a player a top money deal that sets this franchise back like it has the Ravens because we already have depth issues and a history of drafting players from Glasshouse U!!!! Atleast the Ravens can draft alright and we haven’t been horrible but until we find a elite player who isn’t made of Glass and can’t field a competent defense were screwed.

Just now, ripsean21 said:

Atleast the Ravens can draft alright and we haven’t been horrible but until we find a elite player who isn’t made of Glass and can’t field a competent defense were screwed.

Of late, our drafts have been decent and theirs have been crap. It's part of the reason they find themselves in the position they are in.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/ravens

Just now, ripsean21 said:

Oh we’re screwed I have no doubt about that!!! But he also shouldn’t be able to give a player a top money deal that sets this franchise back like it has the Ravens because we already have depth issues and a history of drafting players from Glasshouse U!!!! Atleast the Ravens can draft alright and we haven’t been horrible but until we find a elite player who isn’t made of Glass and can’t field a competent defense were screwed.

We’re already paying Cousins $24 against the cap this year.  Even if we give him a deal like Stafford or Carr that cap number is only going to go up like $3 Mil more than it is now.  Plus the cap is going up.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I like Kirk, but I recognize that Kirk is not Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers, a guy who can single-handedly win a game for you.

At the same time, I recognize that it could EASILY be worse, even with a brand new fancy draft pick. Heck, odds are more likely that way because of Allen making the selection. I'm tired of the one step forward, two steps back routine. Honestly, it might be better to pay him the outrageous money, dump Pryor, draft a real WR, and bolster the lines.

The issue is the team is put together so poorly. Old and highly paid mixed in with young and unproven. We have no clear idea how to build a team. They used a first on a receiver they won't play, a second on a pass rusher they won't use, a fourth on a FB disguised as a RB and literally no OL depth at all. 

The team just seems like a mashed up pile of poop with a couple of shiny peanuts sprinkled in. 

As an Eagles fan, I have no clue why you guys would want Cousins gone. You guys aren't that far off. You lost an ugly game in the rain where you were missing your entire OL and a couple key defenders. Talent wise, you need a couple WRs and a RB, but other than that you have some talent. 

I would love for Kirk to leave and you guys to blow it all up and start over. The only major issue I see with your team is poor coaching in ST's and offense.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The issue is the team is put together so poorly. Old and highly paid mixed in with young and unproven. We have no clear idea how to build a team. They used a first on a receiver they won't play, a second on a pass rusher they won't use, a fourth on a FB disguised as a RB and literally no OL depth at all. 

The team just seems like a mashed up pile of poop with a couple of shiny peanuts sprinkled in. 

I have said many times over the years that if you hired those of us in here as a crowd GM, we could do a better job of running the front office.

15 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And I understand the losses and I did expect a transition. But franchise guys make players better. And we can say our WR’s suck but they are open as well and not being seen. It’s not all Kirk but it’s not all on these WR’s either. We could be a much better team then our record but Stafford lost Calvin Johnson and stayed elite. Rogers lost whoever and is still him. Dak doesn’t have a elite group. Wentz def does amazing things with a  Average group. Big Ben has lost whoever and someone always steps up. One we just don’t seem to be like those teams and I personally don’t think Kirk is that guy. Of course maybe he can be in SanFrancisco but he doesn’t want too be here he can say whatever publicly but last year he was happy. We can say he didn’t like Scot but I think that’s very far from the truth!!!

Completely agree here. As @MKnight82 said. He's not the problem. But he's not going out and being the solution either

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

As an Eagles fan, I have no clue why you guys would want Cousins gone. You guys aren't that far off. You lost an ugly game in the rain where you were missing your entire OL and a couple key defenders. Talent wise, you need a couple WRs and a RB, but other than that you have some talent. 

I would love for Kirk to leave and you guys to blow it all up and start over. The only major issue I see with your team is poor coaching in ST's and offense.

Part of the issue is the guy we have building the team can't fix it. He simply cannot do it. I'd almost be willing to sacrifice Kirk just to get rid of Bruce. That's how much I dislike the guy. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

In essence, what it boils down to is we know what we have in Cousins. Some of us (like myself) would agree with you. Others look at QBs like Wentz and Prescott and say "we don't have a guy with THAT." They want to go find the guy with THAT. For those of who want to stand pat and keep Cousins, we fear that passing up the bird in hand will set us back 5 years.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Part of the issue is the guy we have building the team can't fix it. He simply cannot do it. I'd almost be willing to sacrifice Kirk just to get rid of Bruce. That's how much I dislike the guy. 

And we got rid of the guy who could have fixed the problem.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Also, keep in mind this thread:

and how Foster reacted to being put on IR. I suspect there is no way that Cousins signs here because he just doesn't trust the front office.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

That isn’t entirely true.  Before this draft McCloughan had been trading down and acquiring more picks, which has really helped our depth.  I don’t think it’s fair to nitpick our Oline when even our solid backups are injured.  Our CB depth is probably the best we’ve had in 15 years.  Our MLBs have been surprisingly solid and we still haven’t seen JHC yet.  If Trent Murphy hadn’t gone down we would have been stacked at OLB.

The Dline is an issue but we’ve added Ioaniddis and Allen.  Letting Baker go was probably a mistake.  Our WR core was a strength but our almighty GM went cheap.

Basically McCloughan has us on the right path but Allen is mucking up everything.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I have said many times over the years that if you hired those of us in here as a crowd GM, we could do a better job of running the front office.

I've always found it funny how we can watch GMs fail and people still act like you couldn't take a random guy who's been a fan of football and studied the game and he'd do a similar job. 

Any moron could've looked at our second round pick, saw we needed an ILB, realized one of the best in the country was still on the board and just turned the card in. Any idiot could've realized going into the season with Rob Kelley as the starter and then drafting his clone wasn't going to work. This has now been going on for almost 20 years with Snyder. I'm just going to have to accept the fact that we're never going to be good again. 

Archived