CFB Week 3 Thread

MikeT14

Just now, beekay414 said:

Now do his junior and senior year numbers.

I like Ridder, was more so teasing you because he may potentially cost me my damn parlay. But he's definitely in the ish show mix that is 2022 1st round QB. I'd take him over Howell or Rattler every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I like Ridder, was more so teasing you because he may potentially cost me my damn parlay. But he's definitely in the ish show mix that is 2022 1st round QB. I'd take him over Howell or Rattler every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The only QB I'd potentially take over him is Carson Strong but he's got a lot to prove yet as well. 

Draft prospect wise. Size, athleticism, arm strength. That's what we're discussing. I'm not using NFL hindsight here. 

This I agree with, he has some things to work on but playing at Cincinnati also puts a ton of weight on his shoulders. He doesn't get to play pitch and catch with 10 5* recruits like Rattler. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

The only QB I'd potentially take over him is Carson Strong but he's got a lot to prove yet as well. 

Interested to see how Strong plays this week. And recently most of the best QB's have came out of non-stacked programs/offenses, Wilson/Watson/Murray being the exceptions. But Wilson/Murray only played at big programs for a year and Wisconsin was never really known to be a super QB friendly system. 

What I've seen from Strong has been impressive, just think his lack of mobility could be an issue. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What I've seen from Strong has been impressive, just think his lack of mobility could be an issue. 

Of course, but that arm strength, size and accuracy is a nice mold to work with. I'd rather take a chance on the tooled out guys like Ridder and Strong over the college "ballers" in Rattler, Willis or Howell.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Of course, but that arm strength, size and accuracy is a nice mold to work with. I'd rather take a chance on the tooled out guys like Ridder and Strong over the college "ballers" in Rattler, Willis or Howell.

I'd group Willis more so in with Ridder/Strong. Smaller school prospect with intriguing tools but hasn't necessarily done it consistently or at a big program, Willis reminds me of Jalen Hurts.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd group Willis more so in with Ridder/Strong. Smaller school prospect with intriguing tools but hasn't necessarily done it consistently or at a big program, Willis reminds me of Jalen Hurts.

He's got a solid arm and good athleticism but he's lacking the size I want. He's listed at 6'1" but that kid is 5'10" lol.

He's got a solid arm and good athleticism but he's lacking the size I want. He's listed at 6'1" but that kid is 5'10" lol.

Sounds like Jalen Hurts, lol. Also why is ACC football so damn horrible? You'd think they'd tap into some of those SEC recruiting pipelines.