Week 2: Jaguars v Broncos - Here we go again huh?

.Buzz

14 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like that's been a bit of a problem with Bevell going back a ways.  Sorta operating a "running-centric" offense that's built around the idea of a solid ground game...without the actual commitment to running the ball.  That's certainly my recollection of how he eventually got himself run out of Seattle at least.  And Detroit seemed to be more of the same.

Kevin wilson(Ohio State OC) or Tony Elliot(Clemson) would be solid fits if they want the college route. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean every pass attempt is a bomb. There’s no crossers or draw ups to get Lawrence going. It’s just heave it 20-30+ yards down the field every time.

There's really no conceivable reason for this either.  There's no reason they couldn't have brought in somebody to install more of a spread concept, with tons of movement and those quick "easy" throws to get Lawrence going.  Something more familiar to what he did so exceptionally well in college.

This kind of offense is...really not looking like a good fit.  It doesn't make sense with the personnel we have...the QB we have.  And it's not even a particularly well executed example of what they seem to be trying to do.

But like @DuvalsKing said above...i feel like we're kinda stuck with it now.  Realistically...you don't want to disrupt a rookie QB part of the way into the season, asking them to learn something else completely different and new.  So unless you're just replacing it with more of the same...ugh....

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

There's really no conceivable reason for this either.  There's no reason they couldn't have brought in somebody to install more of a spread concept, with tons of movement and those quick "easy" throws to get Lawrence going.  Something more familiar to what he did so exceptionally well in college.

This kind of offense is...really not looking like a good fit.  It doesn't make sense with the personnel we have...the QB we have.  And it's not even a particularly well executed example of what they seem to be trying to do.

But like @DuvalsKing said above...i feel like we're kinda stuck with it now.  Realistically...you don't want to disrupt a rookie QB part of the way into the season, asking them to learn something else completely different and new.  So unless you're just replacing it with more of the same...ugh....

i would hire Tony Elliot who knows how to PERFECTLY use TREVOR