Grand Theft Auto V Mafia - The Third Way

Dome

28 minutes ago, Raves said:

@MWil23based on your conversation with Racks earlier, it seemed like you only used your ability N1 and N3.  Is that correct?

I used it N1, N2, and N3. I said that I used my other one initially N1 (the watch) to see if he'd try to call me on it, and he didn't. As a matter of fact, you were the only one who posed that question:

3 hours ago, Raves said:

Did anyone else get to constantly choose both their roles and when to use them?  I only got to choose one or the other.

I couldn't help but figure out WHY no one called me on this immediately.

I figured that Pickle wouldn't since he had the 1 shot kill (used it on KSJ yesterday), but the fact that no one else called me on this, especially Rack, really raised an eyebrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I used it N1, N2, and N3. I said that I used my other one initially N1 (the watch) to see if he'd try to call me on it, and he didn't. As a matter of fact, you were the only one who posed that question:

I couldn't help but figure out WHY no one called me on this immediately.

I figured that Pickle wouldn't since he had the 1 shot kill (used it on KSJ yesterday), but the fact that no one else called me on this, especially Rack, really raised an eyebrow.

Sounds good, I could only remember you saying you used moves N1 and N3 so when TKN said he used his move on you N2 and it failed I was thinking he might've slipped.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Full disclosure, I lied to Rack yesterday and told him that I chose both and he DID NOT call me on it immediately. I chose the Shut In option (Ascetic) pregame. So, it was definitely a test of sorts, and the fact that he didn't call me on it is one of the reasons I was so incredulous. 

@Raves

@Raves this is what I said earlier btw

Just now, Raves said:

Sounds good, I could only remember you saying you used moves N1 and N3 so when TKN said he used his move on you N2 and it failed I was thinking he might've slipped.

Rack claimed to use a move on me N1 and N3, and Nacho claimed to use his on me N2. Apparently I'm super popular this game, considering Pickle also used a move on me D3. What I was curious about was how Pickle was able to steal my vote specifically...but perhaps it's not a traditional night move and he said that he had to reach a specific goal (he did that with Gopher earlier). Is that correct @Pickle Rick?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Rack claimed to use a move on me N1 and N3, and Nacho claimed to use his on me N2. Apparently I'm super popular this game, considering Pickle also used a move on me D3. What I was curious about was how Pickle was able to steal my vote specifically...but perhaps it's not a traditional night move and he said that he had to reach a specific goal (he did that with Gopher earlier). Is that correct @Pickle Rick?

Could also be the Order the moves were processed.  A couple games ago the moves person running the game had listed the order as RoleBlocks->Other Special Moves -> Civ Special Moves -> Scum Moves so that might've been a process that pickle had affected you.  But then why didn't Rack work on you, unless the Jailing wasn't considered a roleblock?

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Could also be the Order the moves were processed.  A couple games ago the moves person running the game had listed the order as RoleBlocks->Other Special Moves -> Civ Special Moves -> Scum Moves so that might've been a process that pickle had affected you.  But then why didn't Rack work on you, unless the Jailing wasn't considered a roleblock?

With Rack it could be because I actually used my Ascetic ability on those nights (see Nacho as well N2). 

1 minute ago, Raves said:

But shouldn't that have also affected Pickle's attempt to give/take bullets?

That's why I tagged Pickle. He said earlier with Gopher (he took Gopher's early in the game) he had to reach a goal. So, yeah he possibly reached that goal and either it's a host workaround/trump card or was submitted prior to night I'd assume.

52 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yes, I can check to see if people are visited by "Epsilon" and prevent conversion that night. Only even nights, though.

51 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

huh

That would explain why my move failed on you night 2.

I was going to ask why you'd visit me with the ratio being posted (thought it was a slip), but now that I'm reading it also says "prevent conversion". 

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was going to ask why you'd visit me with the ratio being posted (thought it was a slip), but now that I'm reading it also says "prevent conversion". 

Yup.

It's not like I wouldn't use my move regardless - although it's heavily implied that Epsilon converts people, they may visit and do other things instead, I don't know for sure. Or maybe even has an Alien probing goal similar to Delirium last game. Also, even if it didn't prevent conversion, I'd still have used it since it's possible that I'd get a positive result even if it happened in the same night.

Been trying to target people who would make juicy cult targets for the most part

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yup.

It's not like I wouldn't use my move regardless - although it's heavily implied that Epsilon converts people, they may visit and do other things instead, I don't know for sure. Or maybe even has an Alien probing goal similar to Delirium last game. Also, even if it didn't prevent conversion, I'd still have used it since it's possible that I'd get a positive result even if it happened in the same night.

Been trying to target people who would make juicy cult targets for the most part

So obviously not me since the moment I'm ever not town I'm immediately lynched or at best killed that night lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yup.

Fair enough...and I wasn't sure what odd/even abilities there were given mine is an x shot.