Everything Trevor Lawrence (Our Safe Haven)

.Buzz

So...

The last three games, Trevor is

65/98 66.3%, 8.2 YPA, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 93.5 Passer rating. And 2 rushing TDs

And if you choose to ignore the list play of the game last week, the passer rating is 98.13

Trevor's ANY/A has been 7.40 over the last three games. 7.91 if you remove the pick.

While it is unfair to compare a three game stretch to a career, the only two players with a career ANY/A above 7.40 is Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. And Mahomes is the only one above 7.91. 

Just a little bit of perception on his play since he started working in his legs more..

• Like 3

On 10/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, .Buzz said:

On 10/19/2021 at 6:35 PM, pwny said:

Definitely hate this narrative that he's like, "progressing" back to what he did in college.  By randomly falling away from things but still making the play.  If anything, it looks like he's just adapting to life behind an OLine and a System that can't protect him properly.  So he's gotta get the ball the **** out through the safety valve, but sooner than it should be.

I honestly haven't seen much real "progression" in him as a QB this year.  I've seen him maybe adapting to life on a bad team.  That's it.  That's all i've seen.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Definitely hate this narrative that he's like, "progressing" back to what he did in college.  By randomly falling away from things but still making the play.  If anything, it looks like he's just adapting to life behind an OLine and a System that can't protect him properly.  So he's gotta get the ball the **** out through the safety valve, but sooner than it should be.

I honestly haven't seen much real "progression" in him as a QB this year.  I've seen him maybe adapting to life on a bad team.  That's it.  That's all i've seen.

Boy...I really disagree with this take.  I see much less hero ball, many more "layups", fewer unforced errors due to misleads, better pocket presence...etc.  If you don't consider that to be progression,  what are you looking for?

• Like 4

Yeah, I’m definitely seeing progression as a QB as well. That system in college held him back and we didn’t get to see just how special he was. So I guess if we’re saying he’s not progressing because you already thought he was just this advanced and good and was hiding it due to system through college I guess (which yes, he was in some ways, but even though people had him listed as a generational type there was some questions due to that Clemson system and I’d say he’s shutting all that up, especially the past 3 weeks, which I’d say is adapting but also progressing…).

Pretty much my only disappointment has been his accuracy at times. But even then I think it’s fair to distribute some of that blame to just how awful our receivers are at getting separation and having zero deep threat to keep the defense honest.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Charles said:

Boy...I really disagree with this take.  I see much less hero ball, many more "layups", fewer unforced errors due to misleads, better pocket presence...etc.  If you don't consider that to be progression,  what are you looking for?

Yes, he's made less of the "hero ball" mistakes lately.  And that's great.  But i don't really interpret that as "progression" and "growing as a QB".  It doesn't look to me like he's suddenly awakening as some sort of phenom out of nowhere.  He's looked like that from the start...even while making some pretty big "oopsies" feeling things out.

It's just like...he's learning the limitations of this bad team, and learning to do a better job of playing within the bounds of those limitations.  And simultaneously playing some trash defenses.

20 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I’m definitely seeing progression as a QB as well. That system in college held him back and we didn’t get to see just how special he was. So I guess if we’re saying he’s not progressing because you already thought he was just this advanced and good and was hiding it due to system through college I guess (which yes, he was in some ways, but even though people had him listed as a generational type there was some questions due to that Clemson system and I’d say he’s shutting all that up, especially the past 3 weeks, which I’d say is adapting but also progressing…).

Pretty much my only disappointment has been his accuracy at times. But even then I think it’s fair to distribute some of that blame to just how awful our receivers are at getting separation and having zero deep threat to keep the defense honest.

I mean, this is kind of the crux of it.

I don't see this massive "growth" as a player in a handful of NFL games.  I see a guy who is taking what he was already a master of, and learning to rein it in and speed it up, to deal with bad receivers and questionable protection.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yes, he's made less of the "hero ball" mistakes lately.  And that's great.  But i don't really interpret that as "progression" and "growing as a QB".  It doesn't look to me like he's suddenly awakening as some sort of phenom out of nowhere.  He's looked like that from the start...even while making some pretty big "oopsies" feeling things out.

It's just like...he's learning the limitations of this bad team, and learning to do a better job of playing within the bounds of those limitations.  And simultaneously playing some trash defenses.

I think it would be fair to say that he's not making as many big plays as maybe you thought he would, but many of the things you are describing are the very definition of progression.  I would agree that he still has a ways to go.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I told people before this year even started that DJ is not who everyone thought that he was.. he had a great HS career but it was clear that he had up and down play especially his Junior year in HS. I said Clemson may lose 3 games this year because of the play of DJ and he may lose more.