Everything Trevor Lawrence (Our Safe Haven)

.Buzz

There were mistakes, and there will be. But the biggest thing to me, is how in command of the game he looks, more often than not. There’s something fundamentally different there, that I’ve never seen in a Jaguars QB. Or at least, it’s been so long I’ve lost my frame of reference. 

Even guys like Gabbert and Bortle would have “moments” where they stumbled into something good when everything aligned just right. But you’d have to really pick those moments out of a sea of mostly looking overwhelmed by the game. Lawrence just doesn’t look like that.

There are some “ooops” moments, but it’s almost flipped on its head. To where you start going through the “lowlights” to dredge them up. Rather than the other way around, as it’s been for...a very long time. 

Maybe I’ve just forgotten what competent QB play looks like in a teal jersey...and that’s making it look weird to me. It’s almost like watching other normal teams I’m not that invested in, when Lawrence drops back to pass and I’m not just defaulting to expecting something moronic to happen and hoping against hope that it doesn’t. Is this what it’s like to be a fan of a normal team?

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We can’t let this happen with Lawrence. That’s an insane number for NYJ.

Very interested to see what happens with Von and co. this week. This front is definitely going to be better than what we saw week 1.

To be fair when it comes to Wilson and the Jets...it's not like they altogether didn't try to protect him whatsoever this time.  They're trying to do the right thing.

It hurts when you lose your promising young LT to significant injury in the game, and have to adjust on the fly.  And the rest of their line is still very much a work in progress.  It also so happens, that QBs like Wilson are just fundamentally difficult to block for.  He's in that Russell Wilson mold.  You can give them all day in the pocket, and they'll ultimately still get antsy and move around and look for different launch angles and opportunities downfield.  That's just their natural pattern.  It's a strength...but it means you have to build your protection and your schemes differently to accommodate for it.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I love the all-22 looks from his throws. He makes throws we/I haven’t seen from a QB in a Jags uniform. The INT’s he threw honestly didn’t even bother me. Even after the picks, he was still being aggressive. I love that.

I don’t know why but NextGen still hasn’t done his passing chart but I felt like he was constantly pushing the ball down the field. He will be such a stud.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I love the all-22 looks from his throws. He makes throws we/I haven’t seen from a QB in a Jags uniform. The INT’s he threw honestly didn’t even bother me. Even after the picks, he was still being aggressive. I love that.

I don’t know why but NextGen still hasn’t done his passing chart but I felt like he was constantly pushing the ball down the field. He will be such a stud.

The thing for me as well is that was his first game, never lost before in a regular season game, and got put in a god awful situation by the coaching staff/team in general. Buddy was way behind all game trying to get his team back into it and pushed the ball as much as he could/played some hero ball. Kind of what happens when you go into that mode and try to keep your team in a game when you’re down 14-0 in the blink of an eye.

The arm talent is just insane. He has more zip than even I thought he had. Not sure why he wasn’t talked about as a freak in that department. That pass to Chark from 40-45 yards out was on a freaking rope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

The thing for me to is that was his first game, never lost before, and got put in a god awful situation by the coaching staff/team in general.

Buddy was way behind all game trying to get his team back into it and pushed the ball as much as he could/played some hero ball. Kind of what happens when you go into that mode and try to keep your team in a game when you’re down 14-0 in the blink of an eye.

The arm talent is just insane. He has more zip than even I thought he had. Not sure why he wasn’t talked about as a freak in that department. That pass to Chark from 40-45 yards out was on a freaking rope.

Most impressive thing to me on that Chark throw was the release. That baby came out so quick. 

Stepped up to avoid pressure, quick release, an absolute rocket and right on the money.

Damn impressive.

• Like 1