Around the NFL

LeeEvans

56 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Playoffs on line so it's killing me. Been thinking about this scenario for two weeks now. 

Gut says Wilson but brain says Rivers.

Do I go with what brought me to the dance or ride a hot hand against a weak opponent? This is gonna be torture for me all week long.

Should also mentioned I have won 6 straight games to get here. I was 1-5 to start the season. Gonna be 7-5. Have to win 7 in a row.

I would have been clinched already but earlier in season I lost because the Chiefs defense scored a TD when the other team was lateralling to score a miracle TD. Well chiefs picked up a fumble and ran it in with 0 seconds and I lost the fantasy football matchup and maybe even the playoffs if I lose next week because of that one garbage play. But now I have to win a 7th in a row 

21 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Playoffs on line so it's killing me. Been thinking about this scenario for two weeks now. 

Gut says Wilson but brain says Rivers.

Do I go with what brought me to the dance or ride a hot hand against a weak opponent? This is gonna be torture for me all week long.

My $0.02: You're in a tough spot, so flip a coin!

On paper, Cleveland is the obvious target with 22 TD's given up vs 6 INT's produced and an average QB rating against of 103! Yes, the Eagles give up more yardage even though their offense has the better TOP than Cleveland, but they have only given up 14 TD's vs producing 16 INT's and an average QB Rating of 74. The rushing stats are sneaky. The Eagles average less than 70 yds per game, but remember that offense is super productive. Teams are constantly playing from behind and therefore abandoning the rushing attack. Cleveland actually gives up less yardage per carry than the Eagles, so maybe the Chargers will be forced to use a short pass attack in lieu of the running game. But wait, there's more! First, Wilson is an almost lock for just under 24 pts each game. He's been very, very consistent regardless of who he's faced. The other is that Cleveland gives up almost 10 points a game more than the Eagles, which really increases your odds of passing for a TD, which equals more points. Wilson will likely be passing like crazy vs. the Eagles to keep in the game and occasionally running for some yardage, maybe even a TD.  Rivers is being gifted a situation he'd likely be able to crush 90% of the time, but playcalling-wise, the Chargers run the ball to score 26% of the time vs. Seattle's 15%. Both QB's are playing at home, but the Eagles start playing at the equivalent to 11:30 PM Eastern, so their biological clocks may be out of whack. Again, flip a coin! But if you think Seattle hangs with Philly and makes it a good game (~3 - 4 pts), I'd be all over Mr. Consistency from Seattle. If you think Seattle has no chance of keeping the game close, I'd use Rivers in a heartbeat.

Good luck! BTW, my just-flipped coin said Rivers!

26 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

My $0.02: You're in a tough spot, so flip a coin!

On paper, Cleveland is the obvious target with 22 TD's given up vs 6 INT's produced and an average QB rating against of 103! Yes, the Eagles give up more yardage even though their offense has the better TOP than Cleveland, but they have only given up 14 TD's vs producing 16 INT's and an average QB Rating of 74. The rushing stats are sneaky. The Eagles average less than 70 yds per game, but remember that offense is super productive. Teams are constantly playing from behind and therefore abandoning the rushing attack. Cleveland actually gives up less yardage per carry than the Eagles, so maybe the Chargers will be forced to use a short pass attack in lieu of the running game. But wait, there's more! First, Wilson is an almost lock for just under 24 pts each game. He's been very, very consistent regardless of who he's faced. The other is that Cleveland gives up almost 10 points a game more than the Eagles, which really increases your odds of passing for a TD, which equals more points. Wilson will likely be passing like crazy vs. the Eagles to keep in the game and occasionally running for some yardage, maybe even a TD.  Rivers is being gifted a situation he'd likely be able to crush 90% of the time, but playcalling-wise, the Chargers run the ball to score 26% of the time vs. Seattle's 15%. Both QB's are playing at home, but the Eagles start playing at the equivalent to 11:30 PM Eastern, so their biological clocks may be out of whack. Again, flip a coin! But if you think Seattle hangs with Philly and makes it a good game (~3 - 4 pts), I'd be all over Mr. Consistency from Seattle. If you think Seattle has no chance of keeping the game close, I'd use Rivers in a heartbeat.

Good luck! BTW, my just-flipped coin said Rivers!

Well I may not flip a coin. I have thought about this awhile now... I will just go for whoever is projected more. Normally I don't pay much attention to projections but when I'm undecided like this it could be a tie breaker.

The week after that it gets tricky again cause Wilson plays Jacksonville who has given up fewest points to fantasy QBs and I have Tha Jags defense so if I make the playoffs I'm starting Rivers in round 1

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well I may not flip a coin. I have thought about this awhile now... I will just go for whoever is projected more. Normally I don't pay much attention to projections but when I'm undecided like this it could be a tie breaker.

The week after that it gets tricky again cause Wilson plays Jacksonville who has given up fewest points to fantasy QBs and I have Tha Jags defense so if I make the playoffs I'm starting Rivers in round 1

Oops. Times were already converted to Eastern time...Philly-Seattle game is at 8:30, not 11:30.

I'd happily start Rivers vs. Washington in your playoffs! Chargers can't stop the run and may very well be playing from behind vs. a team who is moderately good at getting pressure, but gives up a very high amount of big passing plays (5th worst). Rivers is going to have to throw, so there will be a ton of attempts and some of those are going to burn the Redskins bad...probably to Allen. Redskins are tied for 8th in most yards given up per pass and teams convert 35% of 3rd downs on them. I'd be expecting a shootout, which should pad Rivers' stats nicely!

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So Tennessee and New England both down 7 !?! 

The stars seem to be lining up today 

We actually want Tennessee to win. If they lose then we gotta hope that they beat the Rams next week. Them winning would open up an extra path without having to have a Chargers or Ravens loss

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

We actually want Tennessee to win. If they lose then we gotta hope that they beat the Rams next week. Them winning would open up an extra path without having to have a Chargers or Ravens loss

Really? Well, they are only down by 3 and have shown they can score quick an run the ball at will. Go Titans, I guess!

13 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

That doesn't make any sense. How could that possiblely be true? 

5 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Really? Well, they are only down by 3 and have shown they can score quick an run the ball at will. Go Titans, I guess!

Yeah it's confusing. Most likely scenerio is we get in at 9-7 with a 3 way tie with Titans and Chargers. However if Tennessee loses 3 games then we are in a head to head tie breaker with the Chargers and they would get in.

If Chiefs lost last night then we would be rooting for Titans to lose but Chargers lost so we need that 3 way tie.

This is assuming Ravens and Chargers win the games they should win

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

That doesn't make any sense. How could that possiblely be true? 

It doesnt but we need a 3 way tie. But if Titans lose out then we would likely be in a head to head tie with the Chargers. And Chargers own the tie breaker.  So we need Titans to finish 9-7 so we can take the tie breaker between them and Chargers

Archived