Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Owners are in this to make money - not appease fans. If Shad likes Baalke, he won't care if a bunch of fans update avvys with images of him as a clown.

People forget, these owners are billionaires - they don't care about the whims of the commoners, they want to bring in money while not spending money they don't have to spend.

Fans can complain for years about Baalke, Shad isn't moving until it's financially beneficial to him - even if he's mocked for doing so.

Maybe your owner, but there are definitely a bunch of owners who care about their fans. They also care about making money as well, but just because they want to make money doesn’t mean they don’t care about the fans. 

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Maybe your owner, but there are definitely a bunch of owners who care about their fans. They also care about making money as well, but just because they want to make money doesn’t mean they don’t care about the fans. 

There’s a difference between owners caring about their fans and letting them make decisions for them.

Sadly, if Khan likes Baalke, he’d be foolish to fire him purely off fan reaction. *Now if that alters candidates who wouldn’t be willing to work here because of it,,,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There’s a difference between owners caring about their fans and letting them make decisions for them.

Sadly, if Khan likes Baalke, he’d be foolish to fire him purely off fan reaction.

There’s context needed in every situation. Owners can absolutely be flat out wrong, we’ve seen it play out time and time again. 

But yeah, fans are crazy and irrational. Can’t listen to all of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Really? People love garbage. Why do you think Jerry Springer and Keeping up with the Kardashians has lasted so long? Garbage thread. 

The thread kept going because Lawrence and the JAGs provided it with plenty of support - it's not 58 pages of "lol this thread is wrong." Gradually, more and more people began to turn on Lord Lawrence while JAGs fans posted clips of his receivers dropping one of his many uncatchable passes in his apparent defense. 

Lawrence had a terrible, terrible rookie season, and the more terrible he looked, the more right the thread began to seem. 

But he just had his first multi-TD game since week one, so we're right back to "lol the thread is wrong." What will happen next? Stay tuned. 

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

The thread kept going because Lawrence and the JAGs provided it with plenty of support - it's not 58 pages of "lol this thread is wrong." Gradually, more and more people began to turn on Lord Lawrence while JAGs fans posted clips of his receivers dropping one of his many uncatchable passes in his apparent defense. 

Lawrence had a terrible, terrible rookie season, and the more terrible he looked, the more right the thread began to seem. 

But he just had his first multi-TD game since week one, so we're right back to "lol the thread is wrong." What will happen next? Stay tuned. 

Judged a player too soon. Whooped the Colts in the biggest game of the season. Jumping to conclusions. 

• Like 2

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

Lie? At worst, I'm mistaken - though I don't think I am. 

I have 10 years of modding this place that says it's a mistaken belief.

The ones that fall off are the ones I lock, from my experience.

@Forge, you concur?

• Like 4