2022 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Now's the time to get a couple of CB's. The Draft has many good ones. We need to revamp our DB crew. Buffalo lit us up in the playoffs. Cincy beat us. I'm not enamored with Hughes, Baker, or Ward. That's 3 spots and don't forget Matthieu is questionable to re-sign.

We need to revamp our DL. Getting another S and/or another CB is fine but not a priority. Even if we re-sign OB Jr, getting a swing OT is a higher priority.

If they cannot re-sign Tyrann Manthieu, then getting one safety moves well up the list. That still does not make CB a priority. You may not love Ward, Hughes or Baker, but they are no worse than decent. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

We need to revamp our DL.

You overlook my last draft. I chose an Edge and a IDL in our 4 rd. mock. Add an LB and CB's and it's a stud defensive minded draft.

Whatever offense we need would come via our last picks and thru FA and re-signings.

Edited by mayanfootball

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

You overlook my last draft. I chose an Edge and a IDL in our 4 rd. mock. Add an LB and CB's and it's a stud defensive minded draft.

Whatever offense we need would come via our last picks and thru FA and re-signings.

That's not the way the FO is talking about it. They are saying overhaul the DL much like the OL last offseason. So, not the defense so much as the DL, with a nod to other positions. Obviously a LB who can rush the passer is also valid. Off ball LB not so much. 

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We need to revamp our DL. Getting another S and/or another CB is fine but not a priority. Even if we re-sign OB Jr, getting a swing OT is a higher priority.

If they cannot re-sign Tyrann Manthieu, then getting one safety moves well up the list. That still does not make CB a priority. You may not love Ward, Hughes or Baker, but they are no worse than decent. 

J

As of today, our 2022 S are Thornhill, Anderson, and Key. CB is Sneed, Fenton, Bootle plus Baker as a RFA. I'd argue both positions are high priorities especially considering that the only S or CB under contract in 2023 is Sneed. One DB total.

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

You may not love Ward, Hughes or Baker, but they are no worse than decent. 

All 3 made no difference against Buffalo. Allen shredded our backfield. This game was not just a one off. Cincinnati beat us in the Championship. A large part of this loss can be attributed to ineffectual DB play.

Edited by mayanfootball

38 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

As of today, our 2022 S are Thornhill, Anderson, and Key. CB is Sneed, Fenton, Bootle plus Baker as a RFA. I'd argue both positions are high priorities especially considering that the only S or CB under contract in 2023 is Sneed. One DB total.

Thornhill and Sneed are a hell of a way to start a secondary. Fenton is decent, and Baker was never 100%. It's not great, but re-signing Ward makes a big difference. 

Again, the priority is the DL where we are likey losing Clark and Reed.

11 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

All 3 made no difference against Buffalo. Allen shredded our backfield. This game was not just a one off. Cincinnati beat us in the Championship. A large part of this loss can be attributed to ineffectual DB play.

That's why Allen is one of the elite QB in the NFL. It's not like Mahomes ahs not done the same thing to some really good secondaries. Pass rush matters as well.

Cincinnati beat us by holding the offense to three points in the second half. If we get points at the end of the first half, it's a very different game. 

Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Here's a draft that gives us a great Dline to work with:

•  
    30.  Perrion Winfrey, IDL, Oklahoma; Senior Bowl standout
  •  
    62.  Travis Jones, IDL, UConn; Senior Bowl standout
  •  
    94.  Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee
  •  
    102.  Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska
  •  
    133.  Jack Sanborn, LB, Wisconsin; longtime fixture in the Badgers defense

Edited by mayanfootball

36 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

If we get points at the end of the first half, it's a very different game.

We can all say "coulda, woulda, shoulda". The fact is we lost.  Here's what I found looking at the box score of that game:

Sneed was the backfield stud of the game; 10 tackles (8 solo), 1 TFL, 1 INT.

Matthieu; 5 tackles (5 solo); Ward 5 tackles (4 solo); Fenton 5 tackles (2 solo); Watts 2 tackles (1 solo); Sorensen 1 tackle; Hughes 1 tackle.

Baker didn't do spit. I can see who the lightweights were in this game. Just on this boxscore I'd say we could stand to lose Baker, Hughes and Sorensen and they wouldn't be missed. Replace them immediately.

Edited by mayanfootball

22 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

We can all say "coulda, woulda, shoulda". The fact is we lost.  Here's what I found looking at the box score of that game:

Sneed was the backfield stud of the game; 10 tackles (8 solo), 1 TFL, 1 INT.

Matthieu; 5 tackles (5 solo); Ward 5 tackles (4 solo); Fenton 5 tackles (2 solo); Watts 2 tackles (1 solo); Sorensen 1 tackle; Hughes 1 tackle.

Baker didn't do spit. I can see who the lightweights were in this game. Just on this boxscore I'd say we could stand to lose Baker, Hughes and Sorensen and they wouldn't be missed. Replace them immediately.

Considering Baker was inactive,  it would actually be impressive if he made the box score….. 

• Like 2

This one went well. There was some serious slippage that we could use to advantage, eg the first pick. I was torn at pick #2, since Raimann was also on the board. Fortunately, there was a solid OT project later.

30: R1 P30 DL Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma
62: R2 P30 EDGE Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma
94: R3 P30 LB Damone Clark - LSU
103: R3 P39 WR Calvin Austin III - Memphis
134: R4 P30 OT Spencer Burford - UTSA

This one is just for fun. It's using the Chiefs' Kingdom list. Fan sites should not do rankings.

30: R1 P30 EDGE David Ojabo - Michigan
62: R2 P30 DL Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma
94: R3 P30 LB Chad Muma - Wyoming
103: R3 P39 WR Jalen Tolbert - S. Alabama
134: R4 P30 RB Jerrion Ealy - Ole Miss